Part 27

Maddie's POV
Dallas and Marissa need to get home now. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help Demi. I don't know how to make her not keep having flashbacks and be in pain. I don't know how. I don't even know how the guy got in. Demi has a great security system set up. Now there are security guards outside the house 24/7, until the asshole is caught. I called the cops once Demi fell asleep last night. I pick up the phone and call TK. Someone picks up.

"Timberline Knolls, how may I help you today?" She says and I sigh.

"Hi, it's Madison DeLaGarza, I'm calling to see when Marissa Callahan and Dallas Lovato can be discharged?" I say, afraid of the answer.

It's silent for a moment before the woman speaks again. "Well it's seems that both of them are scheduled for a month here, Dallas can go home tomorrow, Marissa can go home two days after Dallas." The lady says. I tell her a quick thank you and notify Max that he has to get Dallas tomorrow and that I'm going to stay with Demi.
--------------
Dallas is going to be home any minute now, Max just texted me. Demi is finally asleep upstairs after countless panic attacks. The door opens and I run over, jumping in my older sisters arms. "Dallas oh my god" I say, pulling her as close to me as possible. I start sobbing, my tears definitely wetting her shirt. She sets me down on the couch and looks at me. Before she can talk, I do. "How are you, how was it, are you okay?" I say, talking a mile a minute.

"I'm good, it was okay, and yes I'm great!" She says smiling and my mood falters.

"I have to tell you something, but don't freak out." I tell her hesitantly and she gets nervous.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Did you relapse? Where's Demi? Did Demi relapse? What's wrong?" She says, getting panicky.

I take her hands. "Dal you need to calm down, this is really... serious." I say and she nods. "A couple days ago... we were home. Dem woke up with a nightmare but felt bad about waking me up so she locked herself in her music room. I fell asleep in the hallway and then remember waking up on the couch. Th-there was a g-guy and he knocked me out. He... he r-raped D-Dem. A-And made m-me watch." I say, as the tears start falling freely again. Before Dallas can speak we both hear a quiet voice from the hallway.

"D-Dally?" We both turn our heads to our broken sister. Dallas jumps up, rushing towards Demi.

"Baby." She says, pulling Demi close to her as they both cry. "How bad?" Dallas asks Demi.

To which Demi then replies, "P-Purple." I look at them confused. Purple? Huh? Dallas seems to understand this odd mention of the last color of the rainbow because she pulls away from Demi.

"Shit babygirl are you all cleaned up?" She asks and Demi shakes her head no.

"I-I'm sorry Dal I got her in a bath but that was the best I could do." I say and Dallas shakes her head.

"It's okay Mad, it's not your fault." Dallas replied to me. I see Demi lean up and whisper something in Dallas' ear. "Dem don't worry about it I'll handle it." Dallas replies to Demi. Demi leans back up again and says something else, a tear falling down her face. "No baby it's not" she says and demi seems to ignore her. Dallas sighs and heads back into the bedroom with Demi.

I follow both of them. Dallas slowly and carefully takes Demi's shirt off, revealing the multiple open wounds on her back. She gasps. She then helps demi get her sweatpants off. Her breath stop short at the sight on the two long cuts up Dem's legs. "Did she do th-"

"No." I cut Dallas off and she nods in understanding. It's going to be a long night. Welcome back home Dal.