Ch. 9

*Austin's POV*

It had been 3 days since my almost kiss with Dallas. I couldn't believe how much I'd fallen for her just in the few short months we had known each other. I hadn't see her much lately. She has been working a lot and had been in Vegas, working with Piece the Veil. She was very excited to be working with PTV. I was happy for her.

She invited me to dinner tonight at her place. I was so excited.

When I got to her apartment, I heard music from inside. Florence + the Machine. I smiled.

I knocked and then let myself in. Dallas stood at the stove, her back to me. She looked beautiful. Her hair was big and messy, natural. She wore black tights and an oversized gray sweater. I turned the radio down. She turned and smiled at me.

"Dinner's almost done." She said.

I smiled. "You didn't have to get so dressed up."

She shrugged and smiled.

"Whatcha makin?" I asked.

She took a sip of her wine then licked her lips. Her tongue looked bright pink against her blood red lips. "Chicken tortilini." She handed me the wine and our glasses. "Can you take this to the table?"

"Sure." I took them to the table and sat down.

She came in with two plates, set them down, and then sat down next to me. "I hope you like it."

I reached under the table and rested my hand on her thigh. "I'm gonna love it." I smiled.

She smiled and sipped her wine. "You look very handsome." She blushed.

I squeezed her leg. "You're gorgeous."

She looked at me. Her big green eyes sparkled. They were full of wonder. Like little kid. Like, every moment, she was taking in the world.

"Austin... I like you." She finally said. She looked away and picked at her food.

I cupped her chin and made her look at me. "I like you too, a lot."

She smiled. "Really?"

I smiled. "Have I not made it obvious since the day I met you?"

She chuckled and moved closer to me. "I've liked you since that day. I was just to afraid."

My hands dropped into her lap and I held her hands. "Don't be afraid anymore."

She looked down at our hands. "Every time you touched me, my skin would tingle." She looked up at me. "I've felt dead for a long time, Austin. You made me feel alive again."

I smiled and kissed her hands. "You're really beautiful. I can't get you out of my head." I grabbed the legs of her chair and pulled her closer. "You give me feelings I've never had before."

Dallas touched my thigh. "I'm still very afraid. And I'm still not all together."

I nodded and put my hand over hers. "I understand. I'm not rushing you, but, I need you to know that I'll be here when you're ready."

She smiled and stood up, wrapping her arms around me. "Thank you, Austin." She whispered, kissing my cheek.