Ch. 3

*Dallas's POV*

I woke up the next morning, my head pounding. I felt dried blood on my mouth and chin. I sighed, remembering what happened the night before.

I got up and went into my bathroom attached to my bedroom. I washed my face and brushed my hair. Pulling off my jeans, I looked at the bruises on my legs. I sighed and took some aspirin.

I went into the kitchen and made some coffee. When I stepped into the living room, I was surprised to see Austin, fast asleep on my couch. Then, I realized I was still in my underwear. I blushed and ran to my bedroom, pulling on a pair of light blue jeans and a cream colored oversized knit sweater.

When I went back into the kitchen I looked at the bathroom door, broken from when Damen went through it. I shook my head and poured Austin and I some coffee. When I turned towards the doorway, Austin stood there. I gasped and jumped back.

He smiled. "Didn't mean to scare you."

I handed him his coffee. "Here."

He took it. He looked at me, his eyes sad.

I leaned against the counter. "Please don't give me that look. I'm not a kicked puppy. I hate sympathy."

He leaned into the doorway. "I know you're not. I just don't understand-"

I held my hand up. "Stop." I turned and added sugar to my coffee. "Thank you for helping me last night. But, Damen is my problem. I can handle him."

He sighed. "I can protect you."

I looked up at him. "I don't need you. I barely know you." I looked back down at my coffee. "Please. Leave."

From the corner of my eye I watched him set his coffee down. He wrote something on the pad of paper I had on the counter and walked out the front door.

I wiped the tears that were in my eyes and poured his coffee down the sink. My phone went off and I looked at the screen.

Alan; "Seen you leave with Austin last night(; Hope you had a good time. Call me later."

Me; "Nothing happened. I have work today. I'll call you tomorrow."

I grabbed my keys and headed to work.