Ch. 29

*Austin's POV*

"Are you okay?" I asked, kissing Dallas's hands.

She nodded and closed her eyes. "Yeah, baby." She smiled. "You asked if I was okay literally 18 seconds ago."

I smiled and layed back on my bed. "I'm just making sure."

It had been 2 weeks since Damen died. Dallas had been staying with me because she didn't want to be in her apartment. Too many bad memories.

She rolled over to face me. "Austin. You don't have to do this, ya know."

I frowned. "Do what?"

"Take care of me." She placed her hand on my cheek. "You have your own life. I don't want to intrude."

"Dallas. Enough of this. You're always trying to do this. I'm completely okay with taking care of you. You're my girlfriend and I love you."

Her eyes searched mine. "I love you too."

I lifted my arm to adjust my pillow and she flinched and squeezed her eyes shut, pulling away from me.

My heart broke. She was still afraid. She opened her eyes and frowned.

"Baby, I'm never gonna hit you. You can relax with me." I said.

She closed her eyes again and sighed. "I know. It's just habit now." She opened her eyes. "I know you would never hurt me."

The alarm clock went off and she groaned. "I have to go to work." She pouted and sat up. "I just wanna lay with you."

I smiled and layed my head in her lap. "Stay here."

She patted my head. "I can't, baby. I have to go back to work." She stood up and stretched her arms above her head. Her shirt pulled up and I could still see bruises. "I'll probably stop by my house and get some more clothes."

I sat up. "Why don't you just bring all your stuff over here?"

She looked at me. "I don't wanna take up all your space."

I smiled. "But it's our space."

A smile played at her lips. "Are you asking me to move in?"

I nodded and stood up, wrapping my arms around her. "Yes, I am."

"Really?" She said, smiling, her eyes sparkling.

"Yes." I said, kissing her forehead. "I want you here with me every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to bed."

She stood on her tip toes and kissed me. "Fuck work." She grinned and kissed me.

I smiled. "What would you rather do instead?"

She sat on the bed and shrugged. A playful smile spread across her lips and she batted her long eyelashes at me.

"You're so fucking perfect." I said, picking up and throwing her to the middle of the bed.

She smiled. "I've missed you."

I climbed on top of her and kissed her, pulling her shirt off. I looked over her body. It had been weeks and she was still covered in bruises.

"Just be gentle, okay?" She whispered, kissing me.