Ch. 14

*Dallas's POV*

*3 weeks later*

Austin and I had spent almost every day together since that night we were together. Today, he had some work stuff to do, so I figured I'd go to work.

"Emily? Can you hand me that folder?" I asked.

She handed it to me and then went back to her phone.

I shuffled through some paperwork and photos, organized them, and put them away. I looked at Emily and sighed. "Em. You know you don't have to work here if you don't want to. You're a huge rockstar, you don't need to work in my lame little shop."

She looked at me. "I like working here when I'm not touring. It gives me something to do."

I smiled and handed her a stack of folders. "Then do something."

She sighed and took the folders. I sat back down in my seat at the counter and started editing some pictures.

"You can go in your office, Dally. I can handle it out here." Emily said.

I shook my head. "I like being out here."

She rolled her chair closer to me and smiled. "So."

I smiled. "What? Go away." I pushed her chair away.

She moved back and smiled bigger. "So. What's going on with you and your boo thang?"

I laughed. "Boo thang?"

She shrugged. "Yes."

I smiled. "Things are so great, Em." I looked at her. "He's so amazing and sweet and smart and perfect." I blushed. "I've haven't felt this happy since my mom passed away."

She smiled and ran her hand up my thigh. "He make you feel good?" She winked.

I smacked her hand and laughed. "Stop! Weirdo!" I turned my chair towards her and sat indian style in it. "It's so amazing, Emily. Like, it just feels so good. It's passionate, but fun, and gentle, but rough at the same time." I smiled. "I think I love him, Em. Is it too soon?"

She shook her head. "Hell no. I knew I loved Alan the second I seen him." She smiled. "So, are y'all like, boyfriend/girlfriend?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We're dating, but he hasn't made it official yet, ya know?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I understand." She held my hand. "He makes you happy. I love that. I have my best friend back." She kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry I was so lost for so long, Em." I said. "I just really wanted to die."

She patted my hand. "Let's not talk about it."

I nodded. "Okay."