Ch. 22

*next day*

*Dallas's POV*

"You did good, baby girl." Damen said, kissing me. He wrapped his arm around me. "Now we can be together." He squeezed me and put his feet up on the table, turning on the tv.

I stared blankly at the tv. My heart was broken and I was sick to my stomach. I wanted Austin. I loved him with everything in me. I knew that now.

"Why don't you get your ass off the couch and make yourself useful, huh?" Damen said, pushing me up off the couch. "Go make me some dinner."

I nodded and walked to the kitchen, pulling some chicken out and preparing it. Damen cheered at the football game that was on tv.

---

"Take this." Damn said, handing me his empty plate. "That food was good, but you need to work on your cooking."

"Okay." I said.

He leaned into me. "Gimme a kiss, pretty girl."

I ignored him and he slapped me. "What did I just say?"

I kissed him, my lips stinging from the slap. "I'm gonna go clean the dinner dishes."

He nodded and turned his attention back to the tv. "Just keep it down."

"I will." I said. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. "Do you need anything?"

He glared at me. "Didn't I just tell you to keep it down?"

I nodded and went into the kitchen.