Ch. 1

*Austin's POV*

*party*

I looked around, looking for Dallas. She said she was gonna come, but I didn't see her anywhere.

Tino elbowed me. "What's up, man?"

I shook my head. "Waitin for a girl."

I spotted Emily, her blonde hair bouncing as she ran to Alan. Behind her, Dallas walked by herself.

My heart slammed into my chest. She wore tight jeans, combat boots, a leather jacket and a white shirt. She looked nervous.

I went over and tapped her shoulder. She turned and smiled. "Hey."

I smiled. "I'm so happy you could make it."

"Emily forced me." She said, shrugging. "I wanted to stay home and sleep."

"You can't experience life if you lay in bed all day." I said. I grabbed her hand. "Come on."

I pulled her through the crowd. Emily and Alan stood in the kitchen. I pulled Dallas in there and grabbed her a beer.

"Here ya go." I said smiling.

She smiled and shook her head. "No, thank you." She looked at Emily who sat on the counter. "Em. I can't stay here long, Damen will get mad."

Emily shot her a dirty look. "Fuck him. You're 24 years old. You're aloud to party."

Dallas looked at her phone. "He gets off at 1 am. I need to be home before then."

Emily ignored her and continued kissing Alan.

I cleared my throat. "I can take you home if you want."

She shook her head. "You don't have to do that."

Emily waved Dallas away without breaking away from Alan. Dallas rolled her eyes. "Emily. I didn't even wanna come and you're gonna ignore me?"

I touched her shoulder. "You wanna go get some air?"

She nodded and followed me outside. She sat on the hood of Emily's car. I leaned against it and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She was looking at her phone. "Can you hold on one second?" She asked, walking away.

I sighed. She was on the phone. I couldn't hear her but she looked upset. After a few minutes she hung up and wiped her eyes. She took a deep breath and walked back over to me.

"You okay?" I asked.

She took the beer out of my hands and popped a hole in the too, then downed it. "I'm here to have a good time." She looked at me. "Show me a good time."

I smiled. "You sure?"

She shrugged. "Yeah."