Ch. 10

*Dallas's POV*

"I cannot wait to go to the beach!" Emily squealed, pulling her bikini top on.

I smiled and pulled on my sweater. It was thick enough to cover my scars, but thin enough to keep me cool in the heat. "You're like a little kid."

She frowned. "Why are you wearing that thing?"

I shrugged and looked at my reflection. I wore high waisted light blue jean shorts, a white crop top, and my sweater was white. I pulled my hair into a quick, sloppy braid.

Emily looked at me. "Please stop."

I frowned. "Stop what?"

She came up behind me and grabbed my wrists. "This shit. One day you're gonna go too deep and die."

I looked at her. "Em. That wouldn't be the worst thing to happen."

She squeezed my wrists and I winced. "Dallas. Do you realize how many people love you?" She pointed to a picture of Jacobi and Sophia I had on my dresser. "These kids would be crushed."

I pulled away. "C'mon. Let's go to the beach."

She sighed and slipped her arm around my waist. We walked downstairs to Austin's waiting car and climbed into the back with Jaime and Vic.

"Tight squeeze." Emily whined. She got on Jaime's lap and I squeezed between the boys.

Austin smiled at me. "I'm glad you could make it."

I smiled back. "I am too."

Austin continued smiling at me until Alan smacked his leg. "Drive, bro!"

When we got to the beach we all piled out of the car. Austin came over to me and put his arm around me. "This is a private beach Alan and I found awhile ago. It won't be so packed and we can have a bon fire." He smiled.

"Who's all coming?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Some band boys."

I nodded and we walked towards the water. Austin's arm dropped to his hand and he entwined his fingers with mine. My heart raced.

"You look really beautiful." He said, smiling.

I blushed. "Thank you."

We reached the water's edge and I sat on a large boulder by the water, pulling my knees to my chest. Austin sat next to me. We watched the water for awhile in silence.

I cleared my throat. "Why are you being so nice?"

He looked at me. "Why not?"

I looked at him. His eyes were honest and kind. I wanted to get lost in them, in his kisses. I bit my lip and looked back at the water.

His arm snaked around my waist. "I can feel you pushing me away again. Things have been so good with us since that night we had dinner at your place. What's wrong?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. I just really like you." I looked at him. "I don't wanna get hurt."

He smiled and brushed my hair out of my face. "Dallas. I like you a lot too."

A smile crept across my lips and I held his hand. "You're so sweet."

He smiled and licked his lips. "You're lips look like they taste very sweet."

I blushed and smiled. "You can taste, if you'd like."

He smiled bigger and cupped my chin, pulling me closer to him. "I'd love a taste." He whispered, kissing me.

Our lips met and my whole body came alive, sparks flew, and I felt myself falling completely in love. The ocean spray came up on the rocks and soaked us, but we didn't care. We kept kissing. My arms wrapped around him and his arms wrapped around me. It was magical.