oo.5 | O.J. Styles

part five
of
EPILOGUE

➜➜➜

LONDON, FEBRUARY, 2031

TOMBSTONE OF H. STYLES, STANDING IN FRONT OF IT IS, Ocean James Styles.

'HARRY STYLES, BORN ON 1ST FEBRUARY 1994, DIED 24TH DECEMBER 2017, LONDON'

"Well, Dad. You finally found me," he chuckles, clutching close to his chest is his copy of his father's letters.

"So, my name's Ocean James Styles. It was actually just, OJ, as in Ocean James for the longest time until I changed it and added the Styles. That's after I went through DNA samples. My parents told me I was adopted four years ago. Since then I've been looking for my real parents. I really only just wanted people to talk to and know where I came from really because I'm happy with the James' really I am. I think you would like them, a lot." He says and shuffles his feet.

He looks hard at the missing place of birth of his father and his eyes tear up, already knowing why that is. "I know you were confused about whose son I was, and I got my DNA tested with Irene, your younger sister and we shared DNA. So I'm now 100% positive your my biological Dad and not Jamie."

Ocean flicks through the book as tears fall from his eyes. "Honestly, Dad. From the way the letters are and what happened and stuff. I don't really like, Christine, although she's my Mum. Look at what happened to you because of her. The only good thing she did was give me life. I've met Mr and Mrs Kang though, and they're good people, they do great food, their kimichi's great. But that's it. I love my parents. They're amazing. I just wish I could've shared some time with you that's all."

He stops re-flicking through the pages of the book on the fourth letter. "You know even the letters that aren't addressed to me, they're special. You know why? Because they're your words and sometimes they really help. Whenever I'm going through tough times I re-read them, Dad. I've got to thank that Dr Reid. I know you didn't get to see me grow up, but I grew up well. Thank the James', ha I'm one too I guess. I'm funny aren't I?"

Ocean smiles at the recollection, "Oh and I met Mike too, he tells me all sorts of stories about you. I can't believe you did that prank with the eggs, flour and pillow-feathers, you know! Maybe next time, I'll come with snacks and I'll tell you some of my stories, I know you'll definitely laugh."

Ocean's fingers go to stroke the letters of his father's name, "I'm off to university soon, so I won't be able to visit you, but I'll pop by here and then. Happy belated birthday too, Dad."

He draws his hand back and wraps it around the book, "Oh and by the way, I think my parents might drop by some time, I think they wanna thank you, for everything you know. Because your letters have got me through some hard times and honestly I think they just wanna speak to you, parent to parent."

Ocean brings two of his fingers to his lips and kisses them with the cold stone.

"And me too by the way. I wish I could've held you too, Dad. Even if it was just once..."

THE END

// author's note //

unedited.

i hope you enjoyed this story, it was fun to write. what was your fave letter and why?

I was thinking about doing a spin-off about Harry's Prison life and what led to his death... but I don't know if anybody would be interested in that.

If you wanna keep reading my stuff,
My profile's got another completed story called 'Jupiter Falls' and a
New story called 'Arion' which I'm currently writing.