o26 | promise

day 26 ➜ to the last person I made a pinky promise to

day 26  to the last person I made a pinky promise to

Dear Dr Reid,

Remember that time I came to the sick bay for your update on my letter progress? That day you were speaking but I kept zoning out. 

My mind really was elsewhere. 

"Harry, what's wrong?" You'd asked. 

I looked at you and I trusted you, I did. "You can't say anything about this to anyone, pinky promise." I'd said and held out my pinky finger.

You'd locked yours with mine and said, "Promise."

"I heard Killer Kieran talking to Rodney about me. They said Jamie had some hemlock. And since then I haven't been able to think about anything else."

"What about it?"

"I think that Jamie did use the hemlock, on both himself and Christine. Because maybe he died from that flesh wound, but I, Christine should've survived hers. It's just that she was dead before they made it to the hospital. It's been really eating at my mind."

"Hmm. That does seem a little suspicious, Harry." You'd said before you opened up your notebook and continued your questions about my state of mind. 

You're probably wondering why I had you promise, well that's because there are ears everywhere. I don't think you realise just how corrupt this place is, prison if you didn't catch on. 

Stay safe, Doc. 

All the love, Harry. 

// author's note //

Killer Kieran and Rodney's conversation (if you've forgotten) it is halfway through chapter six,  the sixth letter entitled 'scars'.