o30 | broken dreams

day 30 ➜ to my reflection in the mirror

Dear Me,

Looking at myself is strange. I wish I could see a nicer version of myself staring back at me because this haggard face I'm seeing isn't so evergreen anymore. 

These letters have been a really good recovery for me. I'm ever so thankful to Doc for it. I haven't self-harmed in all that time. 

My head is clearer than it's been for a while now. It's now filled with nostalgic things; my broken dreams, hopes and memories, but mostly the good ones. Even the ones from the times I shared with Jamie. 

Everything, it's like a powerpoint flicking from slide to slide of reasons to dance to a peaceful sleep.

I finally slept well last night, thinking of my Mum. 

I don't deserve this at all, everyone's smiles looked so perfect, so bright it's been burned into my mind.

I love you all. Every one of you. The good, the bad and the inbetweeners. I've finally come to this point. I'm at peace here. I found it in the one place I thought I never would.

All the love, Harry.

// author's note //

unedited.

a five-part epilogue to follow.

additional cast added notice (in case you haven't checked back to the cast list on the prelude) Jenna Coleman as the grown-up Irene, and Bernard Cribbins as Mike, Doctor Who fans will know them as Wilfred Mott (Donna's Gramps) and Clara Oswald.