o7 | blue and strawberry kiss

day 7 ➜ a letter to my ex-girlfriend / love / crush

day 7 a letter to my ex-girlfriend / love / crush

Dear Christine,

I think it's quite obvious why I'm writing this one to you, Christine. As much as I hate to admit it... the 'ex' part is needed to describe our current relationship status.

I think it's time me to stop reminiscing over the good times, Christine, because right now I'm living in this world without you, but you kicked me out of yours first. You're so bad, Christine. So terribly bad, but you do bad oh so well. I know you've left, and our memories will most likely follow you around. So I hope you'll remember this one well, the day I turned 16.

Because everything thing we do is a choice. And that day was a choice you made to close the gap between us. You stepped from being my closest friend to being something more.

I remember at the start of school's lunchtime that day, you and I got slushies from the corner shop and sat on a picnic bench in the park near our school. It was a nice day. The sun was shining, it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. The leaves on the trees were a nice green colour too and flowers were starting to bloom.

You kept slurping your drink and I was laughing at you.

"Why do you always get blueberry, Harry?" You asked me, red straw still inside your lips.

"Why do you always get strawberry, Chris?" I asked you and you let the straw leave your mouth.

"I asked you first!" You shouted furrowing your eyebrows. You looked so funny, I wanted to laugh. You were always fun when you got mad. It's always hard to keep a straight face with you.

"And I asked you second!" I retorted, trying to hide the smile wanting to appear on my face and ruin the moment.

"So answer, Harry!" You shouted, banging your left hand on the wooden picnic bench between us.

"Nope, not gonna happen, Chris," I said and you glared at me, annoyed.

"Ah, you're so annoying, Harry!"

"You are too," I said smiling at you, and you softened your face and smiled back.

"You still wear it," you said, your eyes staring at my right hand which was grasping my blueberry slushie.

"Wear what?" I asked, looking down at my hand then back at your face.

"That bracelet I made you for Christmas last year," you said and my lips parted in the realisation of what you were talking about. The red corded bracelet you handmade for me last year.

"Oh yeah, I never take it off, it was from you," I told you and your eyes nearly teared up. I think you were touched like I was when I found out you made it with your own hands for me. You did that for me, just as I wear it for you.