o8 | crushing dilemmas

day 8 ➜ a letter to my favourite internet friend

day 8 a letter to my favourite internet friend

Dear Camila,

The story about how we met is funny really because we met online before we realised we knew each other in real life. It's really funny how things turn out.

I first went looking for online guidance in Year 9, a couple of months after I met Christine and realised, I liked her, like as in, I fancied her.

I remember typing in something stupid into the google search bar like, how to get your crush to like you, something like that and I came across crushingdilemmasfortwats.co.uk little did I know I would meet a great friend there, you Camila. That's you.

Then I went on to post a question and less than fifteen minutes later you answered my question. I asked, what do I do if I start liking my friend and you responded saying, you had the same problem and that you'd private message me and you did with a lovely, hi and yellow smiley face.

I found out why you were on crushing dilemmas and it was because of a girl you liked. That she was your everything, but she moved away to bigger and better things after her family moved to central London. I told you about the girl I liked in school. My little crush, that soon became a full on "I fancy her to the moon and back" type thing.

Christine had wanted to take me to her childhood area in Year 11, I think it was, what, January? When we finally made our way there on a Saturday and it'd been a hassle to get me to go (because I was scared of getting caught, as the weekend before I was caught by Shelley sneaking in after curfew). So that day I think I told Mike I was going to the park or something, I can't quite remember the white lie I told that day.

"So we're going where exactly, Chris?" I asked.

"This place that I used to go with my friends before I moved to a different borough," she told me with a slight smile. I could tell her mind was elsewhere, probably reminiscing over her memories with you, Camila.

"So that's why we had to take the overground for twenty-five minutes?" I asked her, I wasn't exactly fond of places I didn't know because I didn't know what to expect. So many unexpected changes does that to someone you know, it makes them (me) afraid of the unknown, of change, even in little things such as a location.

"Yeah, but come on, it's not so bad. We're in Year 11, and we have zip cards, it only cost ya about 75p compared to the adult fare." Christine responded and I shrugged my worries away because she was right.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said as she started ruffling through her bag. I was watching outside the window of the carriage, all I could see was houses and backs of houses and trees and platforms buzzing past. The further out of the zones we went I found myself forgetting why we were going in the first place. "So why do you wanna take me to this place again, Chris?"