oo.3 | the truth

part three
of
EPILOGUE

➜➜➜

JULY, 2018, NORTH ENGLAND,

THE STYLES HOME,

Elizabeth Styles PACING IN THE LIVING ROOM, Eddie Styles LEANING AGAINST THE WALL, Elliott AND Irene Styles SAT ON THE SOFA OPPOSITE THEIR PARENTS.

"Did someone die? Why did you call me back Mum? And Dad's here too? And you guys aren't at each other's throats. What happened?" Elliott asked.

Elizabeth looked at her husband and he nodded. At this, the children were confused, more than anything and kept quiet.

"We, there's something your father and I haven't told you two, well mostly because it happened a long time ago and we were young, and because, at one point I was... we were ashamed." She said and Eddie had come to her aid, patting her back soothingly.

Eddie Styles continued, "Have you both heard of the case where the MET fucked up and threw a wrongly convicted man in prison?"

"Yeah, but what's that got to do with us?" Elliott asks.

"The truth is, that wrongly convicted man. Harry Styles, is your older brother. Years and years ago we, when we still lived in London we left him at Aldertree care home and never took him back." Eddie says and Elizabeth starts to cry.

Silence follows suit, save her soft cries.

"Can we meet him then? Our older brother?" Irene asks.

"That's the thing sis, the reason that case blew up on social media was that he died in prison before they found out he was an innocent man. I-I read his book, the one with his letters. Wait-" he says before the tears start to stream from his eyes. "Does that mean those letters were about..." he can't bring himself to finish, he just looks at his parents. "How could you guys do that to... if... if you've read them you'd understand what I'm saying. What he went through..."

"H-He's d-dead?" Irene struggles to ask, before completely breaking down.