Chapter 28

--Harry's P.O.V--

When the interview was finally over, the boys and I climbed into the van to be taken to a signing. There were hundreds of girls lined up on the street, screaming extremely loud. The five of us, walked to our seats, and sat down, and security began moving the line of girls to have their stuff signed. Some of them stuttered uncontrollably, some of them seemed completely normal, while others were in tears.

I found it funny that the ones that stuttered were so nervous. I mean, we're just normal guys. The ones that were crying really upset me. They should be happy to see us, so why cry? We had a very short conversations with the girls, because there were hundreds of them, and security wouldn't let them linger in front of our table very long.

I started to get confused, though, when some fans started saying strange things to me. For instance this one girl that came up to me.

"Why are you with her, Harry? You could do so much better." She stated. I looked at her, completely and utterly confused.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry miss. You have to move along now." One of the security guards said, and rushed her past us.

"Hey! Wait." I sighed as she walked away.

"What was that?" Louis asked me.

"I have no earthly idea." I replied, signing the next girls C.D. I looked down the line to Niall, who now wore the same confused expression that I was sure was on my face.

We continued the signing, and throughout the whole thing, I had girls saying what the first girl had said, and I had girls congratulating me. I found it weird, because I had no idea what any of them were talking about. To say I was confused by the end of it, was a major understatement.

When it finally was over, we climbed into the van to go back to the complex. It wasn't too late, so I could still go out on the date with Nikki. We would have gotten back a lot sooner, but of course Niall wanted to stop and get something to eat. I didn't get anything, because I was taking Nikki to dinner and to the movies.

Louis, Niall and I, walked into the flat. I was expecting to be greeted by the television, and to see Nikki and Cayley sitting on the couch, possibly arguing over the remote, or a bag of chips. Instead, I was greeted by silence, and neither one of them was on the couch.

"Well, that's odd. I wonder where they are." I said.

"Maybe they went shopping or something." Louis supplied.

"No. Nikki would have texted me." I answered.

"Yeah. Same with Cayley. I'll go check my flat." Niall said. I nodded, and he walked out, closing the door behind him.

"I'm going to check my room. Maybe she went to take a nap." I walked down the hallway, shaking my curls out of my eyes as I went. I opened my bedroom door, but she wasn't there. I noticed something laying on my pillow. I walked over to my bed, and picked it up. It was a folded piece of paper. I unfolded, and read the words that were written in very neat print.

You'll always be my thunder.
~N~

It didn't take very long for realization to hit me.

"No." I whispered. I saw something laying in the floor beside my bed. I picked it up. It was her volleyball hoodie. I clutched it tightly in my hand, and hurried to her room. I opened the door hastily, and stared around the room. All of her stuff was gone. "No." I said again. I ran out of the her room, down the hallway, and through the living room.

"Haz?" Louis asked, his voice alarmed. I ignored him, and ran to the door. I flung the door open, and ran to Niall's flat. I didn't knock, just went on in.