Chapter 3

The whole bus ride back, Cayley chattered happily beside me. I just stared out the window. i really wanted those shoes. I love DC's. I mentally cursed myself for buying such expensive clothes.
"Nicole?" Cayley's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at her.
"Huh?"
"Are you okay? I've been sittin here sayin your name for, like, 5 minutes. What gives?"
"Sorry. Lost in my thoughts I guess. What did you need?"
"I said 'wouldn't it be amazing if we got to meet them?' I think it totally would! I mean Niall... And Harry! He would totally love you!" No, she wasn't trying to cheer me up. This is how she always is. I laughed.
"I swear sometimes I think you're on crack. Harry would never LIKE me. Let alone LOVE me. Niall on the other hand would adore you. He'd fall in love with you before you even spoke. I think it's your eyes."
"Why do you do that?" She snapped. Um... okay?
"Do what?"
"Put yourself down like that!"
"I don't?" I had no idea what she was talking about.
"You do too, Nikki! All the time. And it's gotten worse since John-" Her eyes widened, and she clamped her mouth shut. "Whoops." I stared at her completely shocked.
"Why did you even go there?" I could feel my blood pressure rise, and my hands began to shake. I reached up and pulled the lever. The bus stopped, and I climbed over the seat. My arms were full of bags.
"Nikki! Wait! I'm s-"
"Save it! I don't wanna hear it." I growled as I stomped down the steps. The bus pulled off, and I walked down the sidewalk. I saw my brothers truck parked out one of his usual hang outs. I walked in, and looked around for him. I finally found him, and he had some chick sittin on his lap.
"Can you take me home?" I asked him. He broke away from the girl and looked at me.
"Can't you walk? You got two good legs. Use 'em. Besides, you could do good with some exercise." I sighed. I was so gettin ready to punch him in the face.
"Jayce. Please. Just take me home. I'm not in the mood right now."
"I can't kid. I'm busy." My eyes narrowed. I shook my head, and sighed, tryin to calm myself down.
"Either take me home, or give me the keys to your truck." I was really ticked off. He looked at me.
"But you don't have your license. Or permit." He said slowly.
"Yeah, and I can already drive better than you."
"Well, how will I get home?"
"Bus. Walk. Friend. I don't know! Just give me the keys!" He sighed and pulled them from his pocket.
"Fine." He said, tossing them to me. "But don't wreck my truck!" he warned. "I don't need this one screwed up too."
"Well, I guess you need to get over your fear of public toilets then don't you? And like I said. I can already drive better than you." I said as I caught the keys.
"If mom comes-"
"Cam picked you up." I yelled over my shoulder. I walked out the door, and got in his truck, and took off.

                                                    CAYLEY'S P.O.V

I just sat there wide eyed trying to comprehend what just happened. I watched her walk down the sidewalk. Probably going to find Jayce.

Did Nicole and I really just get  in a fight? The bus finally came to the stop where I needed to get off. I got off and continued the five minute walk to my house. I couldn't stop think about what had just happened.

 I walked through my front door, and walked back to my bedroom. I took my cellphone off the charger to see if she had called or texted. Nothing. I dialed her cell number, but there was no answer.I waited a few minutes, and called back. I ended up calling her a total of five times. She didn't answer either time. I was starting to get worried.

What if something bad happened to her?! What if she got kidnapped?! Oh my gosh! It would be all my fault. So I tried calling her again, but this time on her home phone. No answer. I decided I'd try her cell again. Again, there was no answer. So this time I left a voice mail.

"Hey it's Cayley. Look, I'm so sorry for what happened. I didn't mean to say that. I just don't like you putting yourself down. Your gorgeous girl. Please call me.. I'm so sorry!" I whimpered. I hung up the phone. I sat there, waiting for her to call back, hoping everything was okay.

After thirty minutes of waiting, and not hearing form her, I decided to go see if she was home. I put on my tennis shoes, and moved my moped from the garage. I placed my helmet on my head, and took off.

                                                                  Nikki's P.O.V

I lay on my bed, listening to the home phone ring. I never answered that thing. I didn't want to talk to any annoying family members, or my moms stupid friends. I haven't touched it since the last time I answered it. Some chick for Jayce. Bleh. I don't even want to remember that. If anyone needed me, they knew to call me on my cell.

Which is now dead. Or lost. Cause I haven't heard it ring at all today. I walked over to the charger where it was supposed to be charging. Key words: SUPPOSED TO BE. It wasn't there. I walked through the house checking every room.

The last room I checked was Jayce's. And I screamed when I walked in.My phone lay on his night stand. Completely crushed. My blood pressure went through the roof.

"JAYCE! You stupid MOTHER FU... FUDGE NUGGET!" Oh how I hated him. I stormed out of his room, slamming the door so hard, it opened back up, and slammed against the wall. I walked back into the kitchen. I ripped the phone out of the cradle, and angrily dialed his number.

"Hullo?" He answered in that lazy voice of his. I'm so gonna kill him.

"What did you do to my phone, you JERK?" I yelled.

"Huh?"

"My cellphone? What'd you do to it?" I gripped the island in  the center of the kitchen for support. My fingers were turning white I was holding it so tight.

"Oh. I borrowed it. You can have it back now."

"I don't want it back, you over-grown DONKEY! It looks like freakin fairy dust!"

"Oh. Well, I'm....sorry?"

"You owe me a new phone." I growled.

"I don't have the money."

"Oh bull crap Jayce!" I yelled. "Don't be surprised if you come home to find either A: Your truck wadded up like a pretzel. or B: Your secret stash cleaned out!"

"You wouldn't!" He said.

"Oh, I would. Just try me."

"I'm not getting you a new phone."

"Wrong answer." I growled, and hung up. I went back to his room, and straight over to his stack of dip cans. I knocked it over, causing the cans to go everywhere. I yanked the metal box open, took the money, and threw the box down.

I walked back into the kitchen, and grabbed his keys off the island.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked. I looked up to see Cayley. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Just dandy." I chirped. "And nope. Not you. Not anymore."

"Well, okay?"

"Let's go." I said, moving for the door.

"Where?" She asked, eyeing the keys in my hand.

"Phone store." And I walked out.

Authors note: L.M.A.O. Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist!! :) this chapter was just a major filler, but full of drama, right? I hope you enjoyed it! FAN VOTE AND COMMENT!!
AND check out Lil_Ninja 's story The Right Direction of Life. :)

Thanks!