Chapter 18

Harry's P.O.V

"Oh my gosh." Nikki said. I looked down at her. Tears fell from her eyes, leaving wet trails down her cheeks as they slid down her face. The blazer I was wearing was soaked where she had her face buried in my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, wiping tears gently from her cheeks.

"Yeah." She said. "I just wish I could have a love as strong as theirs." Something inside of me changed, hearing the longing in her voice.

"Who says you can't?" I brought my lips down close to her, hesitating slightly. I wasn't sure if she'd want me to kiss her, but I decided to anyways. I would just say I got caught up in the moment if she was angered by it. This whole thought process took place in my head in less than ten seconds, and I kissed her before she could notice my hesitation.

At first, her lips were still under mine, but then she responded. Our lips moved together. about 30 seconds later, I pulled away. She was grinning, but then frowned and opened her eyes.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked. My mouth fell open and my eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry!" I said hastily. "I should have made sure it was okay with you first. I just wanted to... and it was amazing! I'm sorry, I didn't ask you-"

"What are you blabbering about?" She asked, cutting off.

"I upset you with the kiss." Nikki looked at me for a moment, and slowly a grin spread across her face and she began laughing. "what?" I asked angrily. "Why are you laughing? What is so bloody funny?"

"You think... I'm upset... because you kissed me." She laughed even harder. I just stared at her, confused and angry. "Harry, I'm not mad at you for kissing me! I'm anything but that!"

"Then why were you upset with me?" I asked her.

"Because you pulled away!" Nikki put her hand on the back of my head, and pulled me to her, our lips crashing against each other. Slowly, I moved forward, causing her to lay back against the couch, with me hovering over her. Her hand gripped my my neck, the other was tangled in my curls. One of my hands was on her waist, and the other one was above her head, supporting my weight so I didn't hurt her.

Things were getting pretty heated. My hand moved up and down her side, and I felt myself slipping. I knew if I didn't stop now, I wouldn't stop at all. I pulled away from her again, both of us breathless.

"Nikki," I gasped. "We can't." She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"I know." She breathed.

"I mean, It's not that I don't want to!" I explained hastily. I didn't want her to think I didn't like her in that way. "I do. And maybe someday we will, just... not tonight. Not so soon. I mean, we aren't even-"

"Harry. I know. It's perfectly fine. I agree with you completely."

"You do?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Thank God!" She giggled, and I eased myself down between Nikki and the couch. I lay my head on her chest, listening to her heart beat. She ran one hand through my hair gently. We lay like that for a while before I sat up.

"Harry?"

"Come on." I said, climbing over her and standing up. I held my hand out to her. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?"
"You'll see." She looked at me skeptically. "Just trust me." She smiled and took my hand, allowing me to pull her to her feet. I started to walk away, but she didn't move. I turned back to her.

"What?"

"Harry." She said, raising her eyebrows. My eyes fell on her brace.

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot. Sorry." I turned my back to her. "Climb on."