Chapter Thirty-one

We were fixing everything in Marcel's house for me and Dahlia to move in with him.

At first I was scared it was too much, but my daughter loved the idea of living in the same house as Marcel, I swear she was in love with him.

Marcel still couldn't believe I had agreed, neither could I to be honest.

Louis, Perrie and Niall helped us through the whole process, especially with Dahlia.

"Zay, put that box there, it is the last we have to unpack, so stop and come here, I need cuddles." Marcel called out from the couch.

"But Marce, right because it's the last one I should finish." I looked at him.

"But, c'mon!" He said making his eyes go wide and giving me one of his powerful puppy looks I couldn't say no to.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I was so whipped.

He squealed and fisted the air as a sign of victory.

I sat beside him and took him into my arms, he immediately wrapped his arms around me, cuddling into my chest.

"Come here, you idiot." I whispered kissing the top of his head.

"You just can't resist me." He chuckled.

"True."

"Dada, Marcy, I wanna cuddle too. Not fair you cuddle without me." Dahlia appeared from her room with her arms folded.

"Come here sweetie, we can all cuddle together." I said.

She squealed and jumped her way towards us.

She came between us and we both cuddled her.

"Dada, we look like a family." She said softly.

I felt my heart skip a bit.

"Yeah, we do."

The phone beeping interrupted the magical moment. It was Marcel's .

He groaned and got up, while I got Dahlia onto my lap and we both stared at him.

He answered and groaned again, "dad."

He stayed silent to listen to what his father wanted.

"I don't know, I have to ask Zayn because there's also his daughter here."

Silence.

"Yes, it's my house, but she is Zayn's daughter so he gets to decide." Marcel's tone started to become impatient.

Silence.

"I'll ask him now, but if he says no, it's a no."

Marcel came towards me and Dahlia and sat on the couch.

"My dad wants to come here for dinner with mom. He says he wants to apologize, is it okay with you?" He asked.

"I don't know, with Dahlia and everything ..." I hesitated.

"That's what I told him."

"Will you let me think about it?" I asked.

He nodded and went back to the phone.

"He said he has to think about it, I'll call you back." He told his father.

Silence.

"Dad if that is gonna be your attitude, don't ask to come at all."

Silence.

"Okay okay, I'll call you later." He put down the phone.

In the end after a few hours of thinking I gave in. I decided that I wanted to give Marcel's father a second and most likely last chance. I didn't want Marcel to distance himself from his parents and maybe Pastor Styles had really changed his mind.