Chapter Twenty

"What are you doing here?" I whisper-shouted confused.

I heard him sigh. He came slowly towards me. He seated cautiously next me and scooted over, putting an arm around my shoulders, as if I was made of fragile glass. He started to do little circles on my arms smoothly.

I sighed and repeated my question.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't want to sound harsh, but there was no point in him being there.

"What happened back there?" He asked.

"It's rude to answer a question with another question, Marcel." I tried to joke, even if it didn't really work.

"Zayn, really. To answer your question, I'm here 'cause my father wanted me here with the other guys to see what you really do at the club. But now, answer my question, please." He said, pleading.

"Your father, of course," I said kind of harshly because I had almost thought he had come just to see me, but no, he was just doing what his father told him, as always.

"Please, Zayn." He whispered lifting the arm that was around my shoulders up and putting a hand on my chin to make my eyes look at his. I saw how much he needed my answer.

I felt my heart beating hard.

I looked away.

I shook my head.

"I couldn't do that." I simply stated.

"Do what?" Marcel asked.

" You perfectly know what was about to happen back there," I say sternly again. I didn't want to talk to him as I was doing. He cared and I wasn't treating him in a proper way. But I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't

"But why did you run away?" He asked again.

"I told you. That man was grinding against my body and even though I've always felt sick for doing what I do, for the first time ever I felt like I couldn't do what that man wanted. I could give him what he wanted. I don't know why I just ran away like that. I thought about what you said last time: that I don't need this, that Dahlia doesn't need this and I thought for a moment that you were right. But then again what would I do if not this. I'm good for nothing, I'm useless, I'm-"

"Shhh," He stopped me, pulling me in a tight side-hug, kissing my hair.

"You are not useless, Zayn. Your friends need you, your beautiful daughter needs you, heck even I need you! Don't think so low of yourself. I know your life isn't perfect, but that's not important. Whose life is perfect, anyway? "

I didn't know how to answer at that. I knew Dahlia needed me, maybe even Louis and Perrie needed me, even though I needed them more, but Marcel needed me? That wasn't true.

"You don't need me."

"I do."

"You don't"

"I do because you make me happy."

I made him happy?! I couldn't believe it.

"It can't be possible."

"You do actually. If you didn't why would I want to be around you?" Marcel asked making a point.

"Maybe you just pity me." I said and that could be true because my life apart from Dahlia, Louis and Perrie, was shit.

"Stop bringing yourself down and fucking react for fuck's sake!" Marcel shouted this time and got up from the bench. As he lost contact with me I felt cold and I flinched as I heard him swear, he didn't usually do that.