Chapter 10

Clarice's POV

   I followed John out of the office to where I would be staying. We walked in quietness and if felt awkward to me because he seemed to be in thought and forgot I was there.

   "You know I'm still here," I told him.

   "What, right sorry come this way," he replied getting focused again.

   I followed his lead and came to a room that was the size of a big closet. I couldn't complain though because I could be sleeping outside on the streets. I turned around and got lost in those big brown eyes. My heart knew I've seen those eyes but on a different man. I guess I was staring to long because he had a confused look on his face.

   "I'm sorry you look like someone I should know but can't remember."

   "Are you saying you don't remember anything?" He asked me.

   "I don't have any memories but I know I have people out there waiting for me."

   "Is that why you keep looking at me, because I remind you of someone."

   "I can't remember his face or name but I know he has your eyes, my soul mate," I told him looking down at my feet.

   "I know someone who might be able to help, but I can't promise you anything."

   "Thank you, even if I have a small chance of getting back my memories I'll take it."

   He smiled and was about to leave but I didn't want him to go yet. I grabbed the back of his shirt stopping him.

   "Can't you stay for a bit I know your not him but your close," I asked while hugging him from behind.

   I know I sounded desperate but I needed this. I felt him tense and slowly move my arms away. He turned back around and looked me in the eyes with a sad look.

   "Clarice I want to help, but me being with you like you want me too isn't possible," he said with a sigh.

   "I'm not asking you to be with me, I'm asking you to not let me be alone."

   I saw him just stare and than he gave me a small smile. I knew by that look he was going to leave me here alone. I didn't want to be by myself, I just wanted a friend and I thought it could be him.

   "I need to meet someone and it's very Important, but I promise to hang out with you later."

   I accepted his excuse and nodded my head letting him know he can go.
He gave my shoulder a little squeeze and left. I turned and sat on my bed and thought what could I do to pass time. I remembered  there was a library upstairs, nothing like a good story to get lost in.

John's POV

   I left Clarice in her new room and was on my way to find Lauren so we can have our talk. I saw Sonia come up to me with a flirty smile on her face. Now usually I would've start flirting with her, but I wasn't up to it at all.

   "Hey John can I ask for a favor."

   "I'm actually on my way to do something important can it wait til later."

   "I usually would wait, but dinner needs to be handed out and I can't do it all by myself."

   "Sonia," I sighed.

   "Pretty please," she asked me while rubbing her hand up and down my arm.

   "Okay but you need to do something for me in return," I told her pulling her hand away from my arm.

Soul MatesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara