Chapter 5

I was still crying. Why I'm I still crying? I wiped the tears running down my cheeks with my hand, and looked up at Stacie's bright blue eyes. She looked so concerned or maybe curious or both, I couldn't tell.

"You know you can trust me. Did something happen between the two of you?" Stacie said, still holding my hand. "You can tell me."

I let go of her hand and searched through my purse to take out the contract that Mr. Hasting had given to me to look through. I think I can trust her; I mean she's my friend, maybe she can help me decide what the hell to do because clearly I have no idea.

I handed it to her. "Look." I said, motioning her to look.

"What's this?" She said with confusion in her voice.

"Just read it."

She grabbed the paper that I had handed her and stood up from where she was sitting. She walked to a shelf of books and pictures of her and her family and friends. I looked at her as she paced back and forth.

She finally looked up at me and then went back to reading, her eyes scanning quickly over each sheet. Her focus on the papers was so intense, it was almost funny to watch.

"So?" I said, trying to see what she was thinking about. She probably thinks I'm crazy for even considering it in the first place, but for a million dollars, who wouldn't consider it or even agree to it right on the spot?

"What did you tell him?" She said, finally looking at me while putting the papers she had on top of her desk.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered nervously.

"Did you say yes to this?!" She demanded with a hint of anger in her voice, but then again, I could be wrong.

"No, I said I'd think about it but we got in this whole argument about it. He's so uptight and rude I mean I was just asking him questions about the contract he got so mad you should've seen how he acted"

"What, really are you serious ?" She said sounding surprised as she sat down in her chair across from me wanting to know more about our little disagreement.

"Yeah, he's such an ass!I mean I told him that I still had to think about this and about us and he was like 'there's no us'".

"Wow,What an ass. Do you want to know what I think?"

"Yes?" I really want to know what she thought, but at the same time I didn't.

"I think you should agree to this. You know this money could open so many doors for you,i'd be stupid for you to turn it down. If I was you I would of agreed to it right on the spot. You get a million dollars.Its not every day someone hands you over a million dollars.

What, I must've heard her wrong; did she just say I should agree to marry Mr hastings. Ugh I really could care less about the money.

"You really think so?" I said, but it sounded more like a question than an answer.

"Yeah I do. Adriana you could get the hell out from where you're living, your apartment by the way is too small for you and your mom and your brother. Think about it, you can buy a nice home and maybe still have money left you've always talked about wanting to visit Rio de janeiro.You know you talked about going to school in london as well now you can actually do it .

When she put it that way it did sound nice. A bigger home for all of us, I thought to myself, it sounded way too appealing to just let it slip away.Since i can remember I've always dreamed of going to University Of London and with the sum of money Ethan is giving me I actually can.And to top it off I can go to all the places I've wanted to travel too.