Chapter 19

The Contract With The Millionaire

Chapter 19

Katherine continued to talk about how she met Elliot and about the worries she had.

"I had my doubts about marrying Elliot as well.'She spoke looking directly at my face.

"The more i thought about it i knew i was scared about everything i was so close to calling everything off.I knew if i did i would regret it for the rest of my life.I knew i would be walking away from something that could've been wonderful and i couldn't."

I looked directly at her as i spoke wondering if i should tell her?She confided in me and believes in me why not tell her the fears and the worries i have of getting married.

Here goes nothing " What if he regrets getting married what if he still-"

"Look Adriana you're just thinking negative my son loves you i see the way he looks at you like you're everything to him"

"I mean i just think that its all going by so fast" i admitted.That's when i looked at her really looked at her to see what her reaction was or what she was thinking about.

"I know.I don't think that the hastings men know how to move at a normal speed"

Yeah!Thats for sure.

All of sudden my door swings wide open and walking in was Mr Hastings??

"Mr Hastings"i said sounding more like a question to why his in my office of all things.

"Miss Anderson i just came by to tell you the great news." he spoke as he took a seat next to kathrine right across from my desk.

"What great news." i said taken back looking right at Katharine with a wide smile on her face as well as Elliot.

"Your the new Executive Assistant for Ethan"he said as he both made direct eye contact.He must be joking there is no way he would consider me to be Executive Assistant could he.

"What really i don't know what to say"i said looking at both of them shocked beyond words thinking is this really happening?

"A thank you would be good"Elliot stated.

"Of course thank you so much"i said with a lost look in my features i stare right at them like i've just seen a ghost.
Couldn't believe this was happening to me shocked beyond words to even think straight.

"Congratulation Adriana"Katherine said with a genuine smile on her face as she stood next to her husband.She must of known all along about my promotion she didn't look surprised at all she was for what i can tell happy.

I smiled at both of them showing them that i was happy to be getting this promotion.I heard that if you are Executive Assistant you are on your way to making it big in the business world.

That was massive deal for myself i never thought of pursuing a career in business.

"Yeah, yeah i know im great anyway, Stacie will be taking your place.I just told her the great news she is really excited to be starting her new position tomorrow as well.Oh and before i forget i'll have Amy show you all the things you need to know about your new position as well as the new software in our computers."

"Okay so, i start tomorrow.Does Ethan know that i am his new Executive Assistant" I asked wondering if he knows, of course he knows he's the C.E.O of the company.How could he not know?

'No he has no idea i hired you so it will be a great surprise for him to see you tomorrow morning in his office"

Great now he's going to be more in the pain in the ass to handle all his stupid mood swings or will actually get along like we have been since we got back from our trip to Cabo.