Chapter 6

It's been three weeks since I agreed to be Ethan girlfriend and soon to be wife. While I'm not his real girlfriend, I have to keep reminding myself that it's just an agreement and there will never be an us; he has made that very clear since the beginning.

Ethan and I have been seen in public, often going to some of the fanciest restaurants New York has to offer. Going to all the fancy restaurants feels like a dream; they looked so elegant and expensive, and he has taken me to places that I never thought I'd go to in my lifetime.

His mother Katherine is the sweetest and kindest person I've ever met, and she's made me feel very welcomed. His father is, well, very business like; I've only met him once so I haven't gotten to know him all that well.

As I walked toward my office, I passed Stacie's office, and seeing the door was open, I knocked lightly. When I entered, she looked up, smiling when she saw me. "Hey girl! Oh my god, I love your outfit, you look so pretty!"

"Thanks, I have lunch with Ethan's mom today so I tried to look decent." I said, twirling around for effect.

"Really? Well you look good, Ethan's mom must really like you then."

"Yeah, she told me a couple of times already. I just hate lying to her, you know; it's hard keeping up with all this lies".

"Yeah, I bet. I have something to tell you" she said as she got up from her seat to close her door. "Sit." She motioned to a chair, and I hesitantly sat down

"Okay?" I said looking at her, confused as to what she wants to talk to me about.

"So, I went to see Mr Hasting, Ethan's father today, and he said that he wants to see you in his office around 1:30."

"Really?" I said, surprised to why he wants to see me. What could he possibly want?

"Yeah, I guess he wants to talk to you about something, do you think it has to do with Ethan?"

"Maybe, who knows?" I said, nibbling at my nails.

"Do you think he found out about the contract?" she stated.

"I hope not because if he ever found out, I'll be without a job, that's for sure"

"Yeah that's for sure; you know more than me how the Hastings are" she looked at me with concern.

"Yeah I guess. Anyway, do you have the contracts I told you about? Can you email them to me, I need to send them to Mr.Peterson from Peterson corporation in London."

"I'll get right to it boss" she said, winking at me.

She looked down at her computer screen. Since Miss Smith was now gone, I'm the boss and Stacie was my assistant. It's still all new to me, because I never thought that I would ever become someone important in this company.

"I'll talk to you later then" I said, closing the door behind me and making my way to my office. Knowing I have a lot of work to get done was the best way to distract myself from my meeting later on with Mr Hasting.

My new office was way bigger than the one I had when I was Miss Smith's assistant. I had a similar desk to Ethan, but mine is a little smaller, and I had the same dark black sleek furniture as well. I had a really beautiful view of the city, which was my favourite part of my office.

I had a couple of pictures of my family and friends on my desk. There was even a picture of me and Ethan when we went out to dinner a couple of nights back, when his mom insisted we take a picture together. I would be lying if I said I didn't glance at the picture all the time. In that moment we were a couple in love, but we're not that couple at all; we were the farthest thing from it.