Chapter 15 Part 1

"Adriana! Wake up!"

"Mmmh what?" I said sleepily, a little cranky that my brother had to interrupt my sleep.

"Your rich boyfriend's here" I turned my head to look at my brother, and there, standing behind him was Ethan.

"Is that how you refer to me? Your rich boyfriend?" Ethan said with a confused look on his face.

"Ugh, of course not" I stuttered nervously, shaking my head vigorously. Seriously? I'm so going to have a serious talk with my brother again.

"By the way, there was this weird guy asking to see mom" Connor spoke again.

"What?! Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'll be in the kitchen" he said walking out of my room closing the door behind him leaving me and Ethan alone in my messy room. Great... I bet he's going to say something about my room.

I got out of my bed, then I looked down to realise that I only had a grey oversized t-shirt and my black knee socks on. Seriously? Could this get any more awkward!?

I looked up at him and noticed that he was just staring at me his eyes roaming up and down my body.

"Ethan" I said nervously.

I just can't walk around with him here dressed like this, I thought to myself, pulling down my oversized T -shirt. It's not like it was short or anything; I felt a little embarrassed that he had caught me unprepared.

"What?" he said as he started to look away from me and look around my room. "Wow don't you clean your room, it's a complete-"

"As I matter a fact I do; it's just I was packing yesterday and, well, I made a little mess trying to find things okay Mr Organized?" I said sarcastically.

"I'll wait for you outside and please hurry we need to leave soon"

"Okay" I said. As he opened my door he turned his head to look at me one more time and smiled before closing the door.

Relieved that he was gone, I decided to get dressed so I wore some ripped light skinny jeans and a black and white striped shirt, with my black pointed heels, and decided to put on my MK rose gold watch. I put on some light makeup and didn't really bother with my hair I just decided to put it up in a messy bun. I put the last of my things I had inside my suitcase and closed it. I grabbed my Black MK purse and closed the door.

As I got to the kitchen, I put the money on top of the countertop and decided to write my mom a note, since she's still sleeping from her late night drinking.

Here's the rent money; remember we need to pay it by tonight, okay? I'll see you in a couple of days.

-Adri

"Connor?"

"Yeah?" my brother said looking at me with his dark brown eyes. He looked so much like my mom. Me, well, I guess I looked more like my father.

"You'll call me if this man comes around again okay?" I said in a serious tone. I need to know what this guy wants and why he was asking for my mom in the first place.

"Okay sis I'm going to miss you" he said. He walked over to where I was standing and gave me a hug.

"I won't be gone for too long, and I'll miss you too" I said

I grabbed my black coat and put it on since it was still cold outside, especially early in the morning. I walked down the stairs and opened the door to my apartment complex.

I saw a black Audi A4 with black tinted windows parked out front. There, standing with the door open for me, was Richard, my driver Ethan had hired a couple weeks back.