Chapter 3

Mr Hastings." I greeted him, looking around the room nervously as I avoided eye contact.

"You look very lovely today Miss Anderson." he said, his eyes raking over my body in appreciation.

My heart was racing, and the sweat on my palms kept building up. He started to move closer to me, so that we ended up mere inches from each other, and I took a small step back, caught out by his bold move, but his whisper in my ear stopped me from moving any further.

"You didn't answer my question Miss Anderson," he muttered, his warm breath brushing against my neck, making it tingle.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered, distracted by how close he was standing. He looked down at me, a small smirk on his face; even with heels on, he was still somewhat taller than me, meaning I had to tilt my head to look at his face.

"Well, what are you doing here?" he asked again, his eyes locked on mine.

"I'm here with Stacie and Melissa, they invited me." I stuttered, looking away from his captivating eyes. From where I was standing, I could see that people were beginning to stare in our direction, so I discretely created a bigger space between us, to try and prevent the whispers running through the room.

"So tell me, did Miss Smith tell you that I wanted to talk to you?" he said.

How could I forget a meeting with the feature CEO of the company? "Yes, she mentioned it to me earlier." I replied.

"I want to see you in my office at 8:00 sharp understood" he said, his voice leaving no room for argument.

"Okay." His sudden sharp tone confused me; how could he change personalities so quickly?

"Good. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." Not waiting for a reply, he moved away from me, and headed towards the doors.

I turned around and saw that Melissa and Alicia were staring at me as well as a number of other people. Why the hell was everyone looking at me? Really, you'd think they hadn't seen two people talk before! I moved towards Stacie, who was sitting at the dining room table. I pulled out a chair and sat down next to her, waiting for the questions that I knew were coming. I didn't have to wait long, as expected, when she turned to face me, curiosity on her features.

"So, I saw you talking to Mr Hastings, what was that all about?" she asked, pretending to be uninterested, but failing dramatically.

"He wants to see me tomorrow morning in his office." I stated, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Why?" How was I supposed to know? He's the one who wants to talk to me. I sighed, knowing I would have to answer anyway.

"I don't know, maybe to talk about some contract deals for the company." I finally said, not knowing what else to say. I mean, I had no idea what he wanted, but that idea was better than the alternative. "Really?" she looked at me, her eyebrow raised up, "That's all? Because it didn't really look like a business conversation from where I was." she said, winking at me suggestively.

"What are you talking about?" I was confused by what she was implying. Great, she thinks that there's something going on between us!

"Oh, nothing."

"Okay, well I've got to go, I'll see you at work tomorrow." I stood up, ending the conversation before it went any further.

"Sure, but seriously, Adriana, you should dress like this more often." she complimented as she also stood up, and kissed my cheek. "See you girl."

"Okay bye girl." I said, smiling at her compliment. Who knows, maybe I would take her advice.

"Tell Melissa that I said bye as well, okay?" Stacie sat down again, and began talking to Victoria, who was beside her.