Chapter 9

Ethan finally walked in, adjusting his tie. I looked at him with wide eyes as he took his seat across from me. He looked over at me as I turned to take notes as Aaron was speaking about our latest project, the $2.5 million Manchester one.

"So if you don't already know, Mr Peterson wants this project done by the end of the month. Some of you will have to travel to Manchester, but we'll get into that later. This contract is a big deal to this company, so if you mess up, it's your ass on the line. Got it?" Mr Alexander spoke in a very serious tone, showing how important this project was. I had to pay very close attention since I would be working personally with Mr Peterson on this project, as well as others.

After the meeting was finished, I was glad to get out of the room, and I headed down to Melissa's office, knocking on the door before I entered. I opened the door to see her sitting behind her desk, so I took a seat in front of her. "So, where did you go that was so important?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"That's none of your business, now, if you could just leave, I have work that still has to get done."

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me why you're being a major bitch to me! What did I do?" I asked, curious as to why she hasn't talked to me since the day I dropped her off at her place.

"Nothing Adriana, just leave!"

"Really because the next time you pull another stunt like that, I'll have no other choice but to fire you, understood?"

"No, I'm not going anywhere. I know a lot of important people in this company who want me here" she said with a smirk on her face.

"Is that so? And who are this people" I was getting annoyed at her attitude. I would fire her right now if I could, but I actually needed her.

"That none of your business" she stated.

"Look, this is just a warning; the next time you do that, you're leaving the company."

"You can't fire me, who are you to do that?!" she said as she got up from her seat while looking at me up and down with a disgusted look on her face.

I got up as well, standing opposite her. "I'm your boss don't forget that!" I stormed out of her office, not in the mood to deal with her any longer.

"Adriana, is everything okay?" Stacie asked as I walked past, her brows creased in worry.

"Yeah, everything's fine; you should get back to work" I stopped and sighed, looking around at everyone who had stopped to stare at me. Stacie just looked at me confused. "Are you sure, because-"

"Just get back to work okay?" I spoke, already heading to my office to collect my things. I couldn't wait to leave and forget this hell of a day.

************************************

When I exited the elevator, I spotted Mrs Hastings sitting down reading a fashion magazine. "Mrs Hastings" I greeted her as I approached, causing her to look up at me.

"Oh Adriana, I was waiting for you!" she exclaimed as she got up and embraced me in a hug.

"Really, I thought you would've forgotten."

"Of course not! I would never forget about going dress shopping. Now come on" she said as she pulled back and started walking toward the main exit of the building.

"Okay?" I said as I followed behind her.

When we got into the car, I turned to face her. "So where are we going?"I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"To a Chanel store"

I look her like she was crazy. Did I just hear her right? "Mrs Hastings, I can't afford Chanel."