Chapter 8

I looked up at him in surprise, shocked that he was here. "So, I thought you said there was nothing going on between the two of you?" he asked.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned him as I turned around to push the elevator button multiple times once again. I really needed to talk to Ethan! I didn't have time to explain to Ian about my relationship; it was none of his business anyway.

"So, aren't you going to say anything?" he spoke again, making me sigh. God he was so annoying!

"Look, I don't need to explain my relationship to you or anyone else, okay?" I said, as the doors finally opened, and I hit the button for floor 38.

Just as the elevator was closing, Ian put his hands in between the steel door, causing them to remain open. "Don't think you can get away from me that easy" he smirked as he got in and pushed the button for the lobby.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as he started moving closer to me, while I backed up until I hit the wall.

"I would never have thought you would sleep your way to the top Adriana, it's just not you." he said looking down at me.

"I'm not sleeping my way to the top, and even if I was, it would be none of your business"

"I know how he is Adriana, he sleeps around with a lot of women and, look, I just don't want to see you get hurt, that's all."

"I know what I'm doing okay" I told him, while at the same time thinking about the agreement I was currently in.

Just as he was about to speak, the elevator door opened, and I practically ran out, speed walking passed Ethan assistant's desk towards his office.

Upon opening the door, I realised he wasn't there. Where the hell was he? I needed to speak to him! Walking towards his desk, something cracked under my foot. Instantly I lifted my foot, only to see the remains of a photo frame, with the glass smashed out of it. Inside there was a photo of a young girl in a cheer-leading uniform, with a young Ethan beside her in his football gear. He was smiling down at her, and it was obvious in his eyes how much he cared for her, whoever she was.

Who was this girl to Ethan, and why was the photo of both of them smashed on the floor? Before I could think anymore about it, however, the door opened, and someone cleared their throat behind me.

"What are you doing?" Ethan asked. Shit! I turned around to face him, the photo still grasped in my trembling hands. He looked at me weirdly for a moment, until his eyes locked on the photo. His face became a stone mask as his eyes hardened.

"Give me that" he said, his hands outstretched. I just looked at him, lost for words at his unexpected anger. Why was he so mad? It was just a photo; even though said photo had been smashed on the floor, but maybe it was an accident? "Didn't you hear me or do I have to repeat myself?" he stated, obviously trying to control his temper.

"No, once is enough" I said sarcastically, handing him the photo. "Here!"

"She's very pretty who is she?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"That's none of your goddamn business" He stated.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really."

"You know what, I just came to tell you something that would be beneficial for your company, but now I don't think I want to tell you." I huffed, not wanting to talk to him any longer.

"Really? Well now you're going to have to tell me!"

"I don't want to" How could one person irritate me so much? It was so frustrating trying to have a civilised conversation with him!