Chapter 14

I sat there playing with my food thinking about what they told me.

"Babe."

I still can't believe she would do something like that. What a bitch, but what does that make me? If they ever find out I lied to them what would they say behind my back? Would they say that I was worse than her? Or that I used him for his money just like she did? Will they say that I was like the rest or even worse than them?

"Babe" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him. "What, I'm sorry" I said with a lost look on my features. I shook my head back and forth. I need to stop thinking so much about this, it's eating me up inside.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said looking at everyone at the table now staring at me. Great way to grab attention to your self Adriana, I thought to myself.

"So, son, since you and Adriana have been working non-stop we thought you should take a vacation to Cabo to get away from the city; it would do you both good" his mother said smiling.

"It's all paid for" Elliot added, with a smile on his face.

"Aww a romantic weekend with just the two of you, how cute!" Kacie gushed.

"Why can't you take me on a romantic getaway, huh?" Kacie said looking at Ashton.

"Don't worry babe; how about I take you this summer to Bora Bora?" he said.

"Really you didn't have to" Ethan said. I was thinking the exact same thing.

"We wanted to son. You've been under a lot of pressure this past months and you need to relax, so what better way than to go to Cabo?"

I've thought of a better alternative; go to Vegas, get really drunk and forget all about my stupid problems instead of going on a romantic getaway.

"I guess, thanks"

"Yeah thanks" I said with a fake smile. We both made eye contact and immediately looked away from each other. Great, a whole weekend just me and him alone. I so don't want to go. Well I kinda do, but not with him anyway.

"By the way your flight leaves tomorrow morning"

"What!!" we both said out loud at the same time.

Kacie started to laugh "You guys are too funny"

"You guys look like you guys don't want to go" Isabel said looking at both of us with a suspicious look on her face.

"No! It would be nice, right babe?" I said looking at him.

"Yeah of course what time does the plane leave?" he asked

"Around 9 in the morning" Katharine said.

"Alright" he said nodding his head.

"So how long have you guys been dating anyway?" kacie asked

Oh joy, here come the questions I've been dreading to answer.

"About a couple of months now" Ethan said

"What's one thing you love about Adriana?" she asked out of nowhere with a smirk on her face.

Everyone at the table was looking at Ethan including me. He looked so nervous. Come on Ethan say something!

"Ethan babe" I said smiling nervously, hoping he would say something, anything.

"Right, I love that smile of hers. I love that cute face she makes when she's mad at me. I love how she's a caring and compassionate person. I love so many things about her" he said all that as we looked into each other's eyes. I was stunned, no speechless is more like it.