Chapter 24

The Contract With The Millionaire

Chapter 24

Ethan P.O.V

As I was about to head to my meeting I heard a light knock on the door.

My heart pounded with excitement could it be Adriana.

It's been a month from the last time I seen her.
I'm not going to lie to myself but I miss her like crazy.
I miss her smile her laugh all the little things about her that I fell so in love with.

"Come in!"I yelled

Once I finally looked up to see who it was it was the last person on earth I wanted to see.

"Hey Ethan I hope I'm not bothering you but I had to see you"she said as she eyed my every move as she made her way toward my desk.

I got up from my desk and walked to the side of my desk to get some paper work for the board meeting.

"I'm sorry I can't talk but say whatever it is that you have to say I'm already late" I said rolling my eyes frustrated with everything that's has happened this past month.

I could care less what she had to say but if it had anything to do with my son . I needed to know I just had to.
It turns out I have I son I couldn't believe when my doctor told me " congrats he's yours"
I was so confused I didn't know how to take it. I just thought it was a plan to get me back but for once she told me the truth.
One thing is for certain I will be in my son life no matter what I have to do.

"Well I just though that you'd what to know I found a place to stay in New York" she said as she made her way to where I was still standing. I took two steps back and looked at her like she was completely crazy did just say she plans to stay in New York. Fuck!

"I thought you'd be happy at least for Nathaniel"she said as she look at me with a confused expression on her face.

"I mean I don't see why you had to move, I mean we could work something out with my lawyer that we can both agree on"

"I want to live here and so does Nathaniel"she said as she made her way closer to me this time I couldn't take a step back I ended hitting my desk she was a couple inches away from my face. I looked at her with wide eyes and she just smiled up at me.

"You know you've changed a lot"she said as she grab my tie and kissed me.

I was beyond shock I just stood there like a statue my mouth not moving with hers.

She stopped and looked at me.
We both stared into each others eyes.

"Why can't you kiss me back!"

"Because I don't want to. I have a meeting to attended to.
Oh before I forget don't you ever do that again. I said I'll try to get along for Nathaniel. He's the only reason why I'm talking to you don't you forget that.
We will never be a couple ever. Do you understand that!"

"I just can't I mean why can't we try to make it work. I mean I'm not the same person I was. I love my son he means the world to me. I just want him to be happy don't you see that I'm sorry for what I did in the past".

"Don't worry about that he will be happy"

"How huh?"

"What did you expect that I will see you again and want to be with you"

"Well yes"she said truthfully.

"Don't you see I don't love you and I never will"
She grabbed my face i grabbed both of her hands to get them off my face.