Chapter 8- FRIDAY FRENZIES

The rest of the week was a blur.

    I could barely contain my excitement when the final bell rang for the day. I fled from the school's building, getting home quickly in order to prepare for tonight's match. My adrenaline was already building.

   I grabbed my usual Friday gear and black cloak before walking out of the house without a second glance. I was heading to the designated location for the fight when I spotted Lucas from across the street, walking quickly to catch up to me.

    I picked up pace, my attempts to avoid him were worthless when he caught up to my form.

"Hey Celeste."

   His cheesy grin filled his entire face when he made contact with my eyes.

"Hey."

  I gave him a half smile, hoping he wouldn't ruin the adrenaline building itself inside me.

"Ready to fight?"

   He glances at the ring that was currently growing closer and I was almost positive that I could see Jason's form in the back of the crowd.

   I just nodded at him and he glanced at his feet. His hands rest in the pockets of his faded jeans.

"Would you be interested in meeting up with me after the fight?"

   I glanced at him, hoping that he was joking. When his bright blue eyes lock with mine I can tell that he's completely serious. Shaking my head, I sighed.

"I can't. I've got to get home quickly, I have plans."

   He nodded, a sliver of disappointment escaping from his cheerful form.

"It's fine, I understand."

  He smiles and nods at me. "Good luck tonight."

I nod back.

"You too."

-

   I stretched out my arms and relaxed my muscles, only a few seconds remaining until the fight bell would ring. I scanned my opponent, taking in every detail.

    He was a tall, grizzly man with a repugnant nature about him. His beard was twisted and knotted, filled with grey hair. Behind his beard rested a set of imperfect yellowed teeth. This guy needed some hygiene help.

   His eyes scanned over me and I was glad the hood hid my face. His highly calloused hands clenched as the bell rang and he rushed in my direction. He decided to start out on the offense. 

    Springing into action I rolled to the side, bringing my elbows in and my leg up into his face. His head snapped backwards and he quickly focused onto me.

   He then throws himself into me, having a weight advantage. 

  He got a few good hits in before my legs wrapped around his sides, pulling him under me while I send a storm of brutal punches into the center of his face. I've gotta get him while he's down.

    Using his disability to stand, I rolled away from him and got on my feet. He sat on the ground stunned for a few seconds. He stood, his pugnacious nature getting the best of him as he ran towards me. He struggles a little but got two solid hits onto my stomach.

    I cringed and caught a glimpse of Lucas watching from the crowd.

   I returned my attention back to my opponent and Swung my elbow backwards. I strike his face with a swift movement. He groans in pain and swings back at me. My elbows are pretty pointy so it had to have caused a bit of damage...