Chapter 32 - LOSING CONTROL

Celeste POV

"Celeste."

His voice sends a million different emotions through my mind. I blink a few times to make sure I'm not dreaming. My voice is weak and scratchy when I speak.

"You're here."

He approaches my carefully, as if I'll break if he gets to close. He kneels in front of me, his gentle eyes locking with mine.

"You're alive."

His voice is silent as if he were in shock and he smiles.

"You're alive!"

He speaks a little louder this time. His hand reaches out and softly grazes the side of my bruised face. His hand cups my jaw and I lean into it, so that it rests between my jaw and shoulder. He engulfs me in a hug and I inhale deeply. He really is here, I'm not dreaming.

I look back up at him. "How did you find me?"

He looks around before answering me. " I'll have to explain later, we need to get you out of here."

I nod and glance at him in confusion. "We?"

Lucas nods. "Jason's fighting him upstairs."

Him.

My kidnapper is so close, we needed to get out of here.

Lucas stands and searches for a set of keys. When he can't seem to find any he searches through my kidnapper's weapons. He pulls out a few thin tools and blades.

Lucas kneels beside me and carefully works with the lock that holds my hands behind me. It takes a few moments and suddenly my hands fall to my sides. Lucas smiles and moves to the other locks that constrained me.

He carefully takes hold of my wrists and helps me up from the floor. I instantly embrace him in a hug. He rests his chin on the top of my head and I breathe in his familiar scent. I've missed him.

Our moment is broken when we hear a cry of pain from upstairs. Lucas looks at me in concern when silence falls between us.

Footsteps begin to descend down the stairs and I expect to see Jason walk through the door. My breath catches when I see my kidnapper instead. His hands are drenched in blood and he grins creepily.

"My dearest, where do you think that you're going?"

His chilled voice sends fear running rampant through my spine and Lucas pulls me closer.

"Eli you can't keep her down here she-"

My kidnapper, Eli, takes a step forward.

"Brother, don't tell me what I can and cannot do with what is mine."

Brother? My kidnapper is Lucas' brother?

Lucas pushes me behind him. "She doesn't belong to you."

Eli laughs and circles around us. "She does belong to me. Anyone who counters that will die, Family or not."

Fear runs through my veins and I glance up at Lucas.

"She doesn't belong to you."

Eli screams loudly and rushes towards Lucas. He swings a quick punch that Lucas dodges. Lucas strikes at him and Eli grunts when it hits his stomach. They clash and Take the fight to the ground. They roll towards the pole where I was chained and I notice Eli reaching for one of the blades that Lucas used to unlock the chains.