Chapter 13 - CLIFF DIVING

Anonymous

I know everything about her...

Where she lives, where she fights, and who she's closest to.

I know where she is now...

   I watched the group form upon a cliff, from my spot in the tree line. Although there was distance, I could see Celeste easily.

      I watched as she fell into the water, her form spinning subtly through the air. She landed with grace, others soon joining her. So many people were around her...

I needed to get her alone if I would have her back...Time was running out.

I could barely wait to have her again. To see her in pain...The pain I inflict upon her.

The artwork of bruises upon her flawless body.

She will be mine...

   She glanced in my direction, leaving the lake. I swear that she could see me standing along the trees. I stood firmly. If anyone should fear being found, it's her.

When I find her, things could get ugly...

-

Celeste

      Lucas finally returned to practice three days later.

His brother was stable enough to be released from the hospital and Lucas could return to his usual schedule.

   I swung my fist into the bag quickly and the bag jolts back with a squeal. Jason glanced behind me and smiled. I turned and locked eyes with Lucas. I hadn't seen him since I dropped off gifts for Simon on Friday.

"Welcome back Lucas," Jason smirked. "Ready for some work?"

Lucas nodded,"It's about time I get back into the routine."

   Jason crossed his arms and leaned against the brick wall. "I have something different in mind today. How does group fighting sound to you?"

Lucas froze, thinking about what Jason said. "You mean fighting everyone in here as a group?"

Jason grinned and smiled. "Two teams, we use the large center ring. Working as a team has proven to be beneficial for improving personal fighting flaws. Fighting two to one is nothing compared to the thrill of this."

A smile grew across my face and my heart rate accelerated.

Jason cleared his throat and let out a loud, ear-shattering yell.

"Attention fighters!"

     Grunts and squeals of equipment began to cease in a matter of seconds. Jason climbed upon a chair, facing the crowd of fighters in the room. His eyes scanned the room, silence taking over.

"I have something new in mind today..." He grinned. "We will all participate in a group fight of two teams. This is important in order to improve your skills to its finest flaws."

   The crowd started to speak softly in excited, hushed tones. Jason silenced them once more. "To raise the bar on this competition, the losing team must jump off of the local cliff into the lake, right after dark."

The crowd mumbled more and Jason smiled. "Divide yourselves into two teams...I think all of you will enjoy this."

Jason raised his forefinger into the air, speaking loudly. "Team one over here. Team two over there."