Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I wake up and I can tell Peeta is in the shower. I am getting my clothes ready for our trip to the capitol. I’m wearing a bright green dress and shoes that are the same color. I’m putting my hair up like my mom did at the reaping.

Peeta gets out of the shower and he kisses me on the cheek as he goes and gets ready. I get in the shower and the pulsing water feels so good on my aching body. I get out of the shower and I put on my dress and I put up my hair.

Peeta is wearing a black suit with red and white flames on the back. Fin is wearing a black suit with a mockingjay on the back. Rue is wearing a blue dress with the same color shoes. We walk out of the house and we board the train.

We are all meeting at Taylor’s house to hang out before we head to the capitol. We arrive in district 1 and it is much more peaceful then the last time I was here. Peeta, Finn, Rue, and I walk towards the Bearsteins.

We get to Taylor’s house and everybody else is outside waiting for us. Janey walks up and hugs me. "It’s good to see you Katniss. You look amazing", Janey says. " Thanks Janey", I tell her. All of us get on the train and it heads toward the capitol.

It takes us about 30 minutes to reach the capitol. We get out and head to the city square. It is full of people. There is a marked off section in the front just for my team. We fill in the space and Plutarch Heavensbee walks to the stage.

" Welcome everybody. I would like to thank everybody for coming out today. But, first I would like to honor the 19 individuals in the front here. These people put their lives on the line to keep our country free. Ladies and gentlemen please help me in welcoming TEAM MOCKINGJAY!

All of us go on stage and revive out medal of honor medals and we go back to our spots. Plutarch steps back to the mic. " Ladies and gentlemen please welcome the president of Panem, Sierra Roberts." Sierra is dressed in a red dress and with a black armband on her arm. I look at my arm and it matches ours.

I love it that she kept it. She steps up to the microphone. " hello nation of Panem. I am honored to be your president. I know what it takes to be a good president because of my spy experience."

She looked down at us after she said that. "Now to update on the situation of Panem. All of the districts are in good shape. There are no peacekeepers left. They were all killed after Snow, Paylor, and Coin were killed last month. There are now police forces now in charge of all the districts."

As soon as she said that I can see Sloane walk out and she has an evil look on her face. Sloane then steps behind and Sierra and stabs her right in the back. Sierra falls dead. Effie is just standing there. I then tap her on the shoulder and say," Effie, get my kids out of here now!"

She escorts them back to the train. I then spot peacekeepers everywhere. I knew Sloane was up to something when she visited last month. We are surrounded by 30 peacekeepers. They start attacking us and we are getting killed.

Then all of a sudden 10 peacekeepers drop dead. All of the other peacekeepers flee and I am shocked by who I see. It’s Hazel Kemmings. She tosses me my bow and arrows. " Thanks for the help Hazel", I tell her. " Ur welcome", she says.

We all run back to the train and the train speeds toward district 12. I look at Hazel and say," How did you know what was going on?" I was spying on you when Sloane came to visit. She had her hands crossed behind her back. I knew she was up to something:, she says tending to my head injury.

We arrive in district 12. My team moves into the victor’s village houses. I limp into my house and my kids run and hug me. "It’s alright. Mommy is fine", I tell them. They go back to playing outside. I try to limp upstairs but suddenly I am lifted off my feet.

Peeta lays me down on the couch and kisses me on the lips passionately. I smile at him and he carries me up the stairs. I put on my pajamas and Peeta puts on his. We are just playing with each other’s hair until he stops.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. I kiss him on the cheek and he kisses me on the forehead. Then suddenly the door blows open and then I hear a scream. I grab my bow and arrows. I hand Peeta his spear and his knife. We go into the kid’s room and we see a note on the door. It says," Well well well. Katniss and Peeta you two are going to pay for my father’s death. How you ask? I’m going to kill your two kids. Hahahaha. Sloane Snow."