Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I wake up and I realize that I’m in my friend’s Bobby’s house who lives in the merchant section of district 10. I see a note on the table where my leg is propped up and I sit up and pick it up. It says,” Hey Kat Bobby and I went to the store to get some bandage for your arm so well be back later.” So I look at my arm and see that the bandage is torn so I am just picking at it until Grayson and Bobby come into the room. I start to tell Bobby about our plan but he stops me.

“Grayson already told me everything and I will go with you too.” Grayson lifts my arm up and it is extremely sore but he wraps it and he also adjusts my leg brace. “Hey Katniss, I want to show you something downstairs, Bobby says. I follow him downstairs and there is my bow and arrow lying on his bed.

“Where did you find that?” I found it out in the forest last week.” “Thank you Bobby I owe you one.” “Don’t worry about it Katniss, I’m helping you get your family back.” Grayson comes into the room and is pondering something. “What’s wrong Grayson?” “I was just thinking about what happened to my family at the hands of snow and the capitol.” He looks really sad and he walks out of the room. I get up off the bed and try to find him. He is in his room looking at a picture of his family. I come into the room and sit next to him. “Are you okay?”, I ask. He just keeps starring at the picture and stands up.

“Yeah I’m fine I just wish that I had my family and my best friend Kat, all I have now is you and bobby which doesn’t help cause you guys live in different districts.” We walk out of the room and back into the guest room and Bobby is ready to go. “We should go back to the train so we can get to district 9”, I say. They agree with me and the three of us walk towards the train. About halfway there, my leg completely gives out and I fall to the ground in pain. I am screaming and grabbing my leg. Bobby and Grayson, who are very strong, carry me to the train. Grayson takes off the brace and unwraps the bandage.

The cut on my leg has opened up and it is bleeding like crazy. While Grayson is trying to control the bleeding, Bobby is adjusting my brace to make it more durable. I happen to look down at my leg and Grayson pushes my head back up. “Trust me, you don’t want to look at this.” I listen to him and hum to myself for maybe an hour or so.

Grayson says,” Okay, the bleeding has stopped, but you have lost a lot of blood, I would consider not moving your leg for a while.” Grayson wraps up my leg 3 times and Bobby puts the new leg brace on my leg. I just lay there thinking what the capitol is doing to my kids. I start pulling the hair out of my head and Grayson grabs my hands and holds them down until I calm down. I look at my hand and a chunkful of my brown hair is in it.

Bobby kneels down next to me and says,” hey Kat you can sit up now but don’t stand up until we tell you too okay?” “Okay,” I say. I sit up and Grayson is talking to Bobby and they go into another compartment of the train. I am sitting there by myself thinking about if my leg is ever going to be the same again. Bobby and Grayson come back into the trailer and tell me to lay down. I do as they say because I am extremely hurt right now.

“I can’t handle that my kids might be getting tortured by Paylor, Snow, and Coin”, I tell them. “Hey we will get through this together Kat”, Grayson says. I fall to sleep thinking about what will happen next to me.