Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I wake up and Peeta, Rue, Grayson, and Jordan are all staring at me. “Hey sleepy head.” I look around and see that the room is trashed. “What happened in here?” I ask. Peeta sits me up and says,” you had a nightmare and almost killed yourself. I was fighting with you until I had to put you to sleep with the knockout medicine. I am looking around and I see blood on the floor. I look at Peeta and ask,” Where did this blood come from?” “It’s from your arm. You cut yourself and after I knocked you out, I bandaged your Arm.”, he says while walking over to the first aid kit.

He opens it and pulls out some bandage. He takes off my knee brace and un wraps the bandage from my left knee. He wraps the new bandage around it and puts my knee brace back on. “Thanks.” I get up and I walk into the dining room and I see Rue and Kelly talking. I walk over and say,” is she talking too much?” Kelly gets up and pats rue on the head. She then says,” No, You have a beautiful daughter, she’s fun to talk to.” Kelly walks out of the room and Rue runs toward me and knocks m to the ground. I like this because it was the first time in a while that I have had a good day. Rue gets off of me and runs into the other room. I get up and I run into Peeta. “Sorry didn’t see you there.”

He walks off and my phone starts ringing. I pick it up and answer it. “Hello?” “Hi Katniss its Sierra.” “hey what’s up?” “Nothing much really, just getting ready for the elections for president.” “well I got to go but good luck Sierra”, I say as she hangs up. I put the phone back in my pocket. Lexi gets off the train and we are stuck in district 3 for a couple of hours. I am walking back and forth and my knee gives out. I fall to the ground in pain. I start crying and Rue is the first one there.

She is holding my leg straight and she says,” DAD!!!” Peeta rushes in and sees me lying there and sits beside me. I take his hand and hold it tight. Peeta yells, “Rae”. Rae comes in and takes off my knee brace and looks at the damage. I can tell she is asking Peeta for something. Peeta gives her a syringe. I know exactly what it is. I then pass out from the knockout medicine. I wake up and I am lying on my bed and Peeta and Rue are beside me.

I try to sit up but Peeta puts his arm over me. “Don’t you even think about it Katniss”, he says with a stern look on his face. I just lay there and Rae comes in with an older looking man. “Who is that?” I ask. “I’m the district doctor for district 3. Your friend came and got me.”

Peeta taps on my shoulder and extends his hand. I take it and hold it tight. The doctor moves my knee back and forth and I scream in pain. “Well it looks like you have torn your ACL and have major damage to your MCL and PCL. It is recommended to have surgery now.” he says. I look at Peeta and realize that without surgery, I am pretty much immobile until we get back to district 12. I say,” yeah I will have the surgery now.” Peeta and Rae help me up and I swing my arms around their necks. They help me walk to the hospital.

I am wheeled in for surgery and before I go, I hear Peeta say,” I love you.” They inject some inesteia in me and I am out like a light. I wake up and Peeta and Rue are asleep beside me. The doctor comes in and is glad that I’m awake. He says,” Well we fixed all of your knee damage but you can’t walk around for a couple of weeks. I have given Rae some crutches and you can use those.” I shake Peeta awake and he wakes Rue up.

Peeta gets up and leans down and Rue gets on his shoulders. He picks me up and carries me out of the hospital and back to the train. He lays me down on the bed and puts Rue down. He gets in the bed with me and puts his arm over me. I like this because I have been in and out of sleeping the past 24 hours. He whispers into my ear,” hey everything will be alright. Like I said before nothing will happen to you while I’m around.” I smile at him and kiss him.

He blushes and I blush as well. Jordan and Grayson come in and they are holding hands. They sit down beside me. Grayson looks up at me and says,” Everything will be alright Kat. I know how strong you are. You can get through this.” “I know but even though I have crutches, Peeta won’t let me move.” I look at Peeta and he shoots me a glance.

Grayson and Jordan leave and Peeta moves over beside me. He starts tickling me and I start screaming like a 3 year old. “What was that for?” That was for slapping my hand earlier.” I just kind of brush it off and he moves in closer so that his body is touching mine. He curls my hair back and I do the same. We start kissing and I can hear footsteps so I wave the person off. We let go and we both fall asleep holding each other in our arms.