Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I wake up and everybody else is up. It looks like they were waiting for me to wake up. “ It’s about time you woke up sleepy head”, Jordan says with a joking tone. “Ha-ha real funny Jordan”, I snap back at her.

We are joking around with each other for  while until we arrive in district 7. The five of us get off the train and go toward Kelly’s friend’s house. Her name is Janey and she is 25. We arrive at her house and we ring the doorbell. She opens the door and is quite surprised to see us because we never travel beyond district 8 on our adventures.

“ What are you guys doing here”, she asks. I tell her all about what the capitol is doing and she agrees to come along with us in our quest to save my family. Janey, who won the 71st Hunger Games when she was 12, is an extreme fighter and she has a never say die attitude. I introduce her to Grayson, Bobby, Kelly, and Jordan.

Janey has a confused look on her face,” hey Katniss, isn’t that Paylor’s daughter?” Without hesitation Janey charges at Jordan and takes her down to the ground. Grayson, Bobby, Kelly, and I pull Janey off of Jordan. “ What is going on with you two”, I ask with a harsh tone.

Jordan gets up and says,” About 5 years ago, Janey was walking through district 8.” “She got caught by my mom but she had more important things to do so, she left me in charge of the interrogation. “I didn’t want to do it except my mom came back in and forced my hand to stab Janey in the leg with a knife. Janey rolls up her pants leg and reveals a scar on her right thigh. Jordan starts crying and runs out of the room. “ I’ll talk to her”, I say.

 find Jordan in Janey’s guest bed room. “Hey, are you alright, you just stormed out of the room.” “Yeah, I’m fine it’s just that I am thinking about that day all the time and I regret it every day, she says with a soft voice. Jordan and I go back into the living room. Jordan and Janey make up and we walk back towards the train. The six of us get on the train and the train starts going toward district 6.

I take a nap until Jordan wakes me up. “Hey, I need to talk to you for a minute, she asks. I sit up and I look at her and sat,” What’s up?” “ The other night when you saw Grayson and me holding hands, we were trying to figure out if we wanted to date or not.” “ So, after you went back to sleep we decided to go out with each other.”

I look at her with a happy look and say,” Aw that’s cute.” She blushes and then asks,” Hey can you give me some advice?” “Yeah sure what do you need?” “ Well, I really like Grayson and I want it to last a long time.” “I just want to know how you have been with Peeta so long”, she says. “Well, it’s decided by fate but if you really love somebody it will last.” Everybody else sleeps in another box car because of my sleeping problems.

I lay back down thinking about Peeta. I also think about my son who might never be the same after what happened at the hands of President Paylor. I am up the latest and I finally fall asleep thinking about what will happen tomorrow and if I’ll ever see my family again