Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I wake up and Taylor is the only one awake. I tap her on the shoulder and say,” So, what did they do to you?” “They whipped us, stabbed us but not me.” “Who did they stab?” “Peeta.” I faint and my head hits the floor with a thump. I wake up and I am lying on a bed. I look around and Janey, Jordan, Kelly, Taylor, Rae, Lexi, Bobby, Grayson, Taylor, Austin, and Phoenix are around the bed. “Where am I?” Taylor says,” You are in District 2 Katniss.”

I see somebody unfamiliar walk in the room. The girl walks up to me and says,” Hey, I’m Lauren Honaker.” I’m still confused but I say hi to Lauren. I try to get up but Taylor forces me back down. “Why can’t I get up?” “Um, I don’t know your baby!” I sigh and lay back down disgusted.” I get up and put my hair in my signature braid. I walk downstairs and Haymitch is looking at me weird. “Hey sweetheart I need to tell you.” “What?” “There making Rue watch the 74th and 75th Hunger Games.” I start to fall but Haymitch catches me.

“I think you need to go lay down sweetheart”, he says. He helps me upstairs and I get into the bed and lie down. I don’t sleep; I just lie there thinking about Peeta.” I sit up and go downstairs. I see Grayson and Jordan kissing in the living room. I step back and walk into the kitchen. Janey is standing there getting some water and some medicine. I

 tap her on the shoulder and say,” Who is that for?” She turns around and says,” It’s for you silly.” She hands me the water and the medicine. I put the tablet in my mouth and wash it down with water. “ What kind of medicine was that?”, I ask. “ It was for your fainting problems.” I walk out of the kitchen and I run into Lauren. “Oh, I’m sorry”, I say. “ Did Grayson already tell you about what are mission is?” “yeah, I will go along with you”, she says. I walk outside and my phone rings. I answer it,” hello?”

“Katniss my dear how are you?” “Shut up Paylor. What do you want?” “I just wanted to tell you that your daughter is now traumatized from watching the Hunger Games that you competed in.” “You listen Paylor and you listen good. I swear to god, I will kill each and every one of you until my family is safe.” “ Good to know Katniss. Oh and one more thing. May the odds be ever in your favor.” The line then goes dead and I put the phone back in my pocket. I walk back into the house and I am pulled into a closet by Johanna.

“Hey, what was that for?” “ You need to be careful going into district 1 because there are peacekeepers everywhere looking for us.” We walk out of the closet and then we hear a scream. “ Get the hell off me!” I grab my bow and I swing my quiver over my shoulder. I run outside and I see somebody have a knife up to Taylor’s throat. I load an arrow and shoot it at this person’s leg. It hits them and she gets off  Taylor. I am on top of this girl and I have my arrow pointed straight at her throat.

 “ WHO IN THE HELL ARE YOU?”, I scream at the top of my lungs. She looks at me scared out of her mind and says,” My name is Erica and I’m from District 2.” I keep my arrow pointed at her and say,” Why did you attack Taylor?” “ I attacked her because her sister is Glimmer and she tried to kill me 10 years ago.” I put my arrow back in my quiver and pick Erica up and lead her into Lauren’s house and I slam her on the couch. I see where I get my mean streak from. Thanks Peeta. I still don’t trust you though. I call everybody in to the living room. I look at Johanna, Grayson, Janey, and Jordan. “ Will you four watch Erica I want to make sure she doesn’t try anything.” Jordan says, “Yeah we will keep an eye on her.”

I take a pair of handcuffs out of my bag and I cuff Erica. I pick her up and say,” let’s go.” The 15 of us walk towards the train and I help Erica in the train. Jordan and Janey help me in the train. We shut the door and the train starts moving toward district 1. I take one of Erica’s handcuffs and cuff it to a pole. Taylor approaches me and says,” So, you ready to see my district?” “Yeah.” I start to leave but she stops me.

“ I forgot to tell you, my family doesn’t really like you since you killed Glimmer. So, if I were you I would stay with me.” She walks off and I sit beside Erica. I stare at her and then the medicine that Janey gave me kicks in. My eyes are dazing and then I fall asleep. I wake up and Erica is asleep. I look around and I see a note and a rose beside me.

I pick up the note and it says,” hey Katniss its president snow. Just wanted to tell you that you have 2 days left and may the odds never be in the Mellark’s favor.” I rip up the note in frustration and I go to sleep thinking about how much I want to kill Snow.