Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I wake up and Peeta is asleep. I go to my bag and put on my t-shirt and my jeans that Peeta gave me for my birthday last year. I then feel my baby kick me in the ribs. I squeal in pain but my squeal wakes Peeta up. He rubs his eyes and smiles. Before he can get a word out I stop him. “hey I’m pregnant.”

This huge smile creeps across his face and he runs to me and hugs me tight. “I love you Katniss.” Me too Peeta forever and always.” The train arrives in district 1 and Emily and Taylor get off. We all say our goodbyes and the train parts from district 1. I will never forget Taylor and the sacrifice she made to help me. The train starts moving and the force almost throws me against the wall again.

Peeta catches me and says,” I got you. Trust me nothing will ever happen to you while I’m around.” I have to balance myself because of my partially torn ACL which is probably going to require surgery. I lie down and Peeta lies down beside me. “Hey sweetie.” “Hey I kiss him and his face lights up. I can tell he is in a good mood. Thank god because when he is in a bad mood he tends to have one of his episodes. I hate it when he has them at home because the kids are around. He accidently bumped into my hurt knee and I writhe in pain. He sees the anguished look on my face and says,” oh I’m so sorry.” He sits up and takes a necklace out of his pocket.

“What’s that?” I ask. “It’s for you silly pants.” he says. He gives it to me and it’s a locket. Inside is a picture of me and Peeta holding hands and Prim by my side. “I start crying and I ask him,” where did you get this picture from.” It was in your drawer at home and I was going to give it to you but I was kidnapped before I had the chance. he says. “It’s beautiful”, I say as I hug him. He lies back down and helps me put it around my neck. “ Its beautiful Peeta”, I say as I playfully play with my hair.

Peeta grabs my hand and kisses it. He is treating like I’m royalty today. Grayson walks in and I stand up slowly.  “ Any news on who the new president will be?”, I ask while Peeta wraps his arms around me. He looks at me and says,” they are considering Sierra and Snow’s daughter Sloane.” “ There considering Sierra, wow that’s awesome.”

Grayson leaves and I lie back down. Peeta is just sitting up and then he has an episode. He charges at me and knocks me to the ground. I am backing up and I realize im cornered. He picks me up by my hair and starts choking me. I am kicking and screaming and I see Jordan run in.  She injects Peeta with some kind of knockout medicine. I immidetiely pass out from lack of air. I wake up and I am laying down and Peeta is laying beside me. His hands are cuffed to a pole and Jordan and Grayson are sleeping beside me.

Jordan and Grayson both wake up. “ Hi, you two.”, I say. “ Hi katniss, how are you feeling”, Jordan asks. “ Good I guess.” “ Peeta is over there”, Grayson says. “ is it safe to release him yet?”, I ask. “ No”, grayson says while hugging Jordan. I put my arm around Peeta and it wakes him up. I hold him making sure that he doesn’t hurt himself. He sees my eyes and he smiles. He then realizes he is cuffed and I kiss him passionately and he stops fidiging. Grayson walks over and uncuffs Peeta and I bandage his wrists because their bleeding. “ Sorry about last night”, he says. “ its okay I know it wasn’t your fault.”

We arrive in District 2 and Erica and Lauren get off. The train starts movig towards district 3. Peeta takes a look at his leg and tries to touch it but I slap his hand. “ Don’t you even dare think about it.” I then hear crying and I immediately know its Rue. I run into her room and her brusies are bleeding. I start breaking down and I yell,” RAE!!!!!!”

Rae runs in and starts treating Rue’s wounds. I am screaming and Peeta puts his hand over my mouth and carries me out. He lies me down on my bed and gets in the bed with me. Before I get out a word out he kisses me. I blush and he plays with my hair. Rae brings Rue in and her brususes are bandaged up and she lies in between Peeta and me. I just wish Finnick was here with us. Rue and finnick are extremely close.

I remember one time when a boy was bullying Finnick. Rue found out and she gave the boy a black eye and broke his nose. She was suspended from school for a month. I have never been that mad nor has Peeta. She was grounded for 3 months. I snap out of my daydream. Peeta and Rue are already asleep. Jordan walks in and lies down beside grayson and I fall asleep