Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I wake up and I hear everybody is talking in the dining room. I grab my crutches and I walk into the dining room. Everybody is sitting around talking. I take a seat putting my crutches beside me. We arrive in District 5 and Rae gets off. I think for her help and she leaves. The train starts moving toward district 6. I can’t believe that we were just in the capitol last week. Grayson pulls out 2 pictures out of his pocket and hands them to me. I recognize these are my two favorite pictures in the world.

“Where did you find these”, I ask. “They fell out of your mocking jay costume last week”, Grayson says. The TV just pops up and it is an announcement from the capitol. “Hello nation of panem. I am Sierra Roberts and I was just elected as your new president. I promise you that the hunger games are banned forever. I will be the greatest president in this country’s history.” The new seal of panem pops up and then the screen goes black. We all are high fiving each other. We are celebrating that a member of our team, team mockingjay, has become president and not that evil daughter of Snow’s.

When I am about to high five Jordan my knee buckles but Peeta catches me. I stand back up with the help of my crutches. I am just there staring at then I have a episode. I walka round looking for a weapon. Ai grab a knife and aim it at Grayson’s head. Before I release it, I am forced down by Peeta, Austin, Haymith, and Jordan. Jordan and Peeta give me 2 doses of knockout medicine and I pass out instantly.

I wake up and my hands are cuffed and my ankles are shackled together. Peeta comes in and I reach to slap him but he catches my hands. He then takes one cuff off, puts my hands behind my back, and cuffs me again. “ Katniss, you need to calm down or I wont uncuff you at all until we reach that point”, he says.  I just sit there and Peeta has his arm around me and he whispers in my ear,” You really gave us a scare earlier.” I finally break my silence and say,” Sorry about that but can you please un cuff me please?”

Grayson walks in and checks me and he says,” Alright you can release her but I would keep a close eye on her Peeta.” Peeta uncuffs my hands and unshackles my ankles. I move my wrists around trying to get them loose. I walk into the dining room and I sit down and Peeta and Grayson are both beside me. We are eating our dinner and my arm starts shaking. Peeta grabs my arm and holds it. The shaking then stops and he lets go. I finish my dinner and we stop in district six. I walk out of the train and I don’t get 2 steps and Peeta grabs the collar of my shirt. “ Where in the world do you think you’re going”, he says pulling me back into the train. “ I was going to walk around the district”, I say to him. “ Not without me”, he says in a stern voice.

We hold hands as we walk through the district exploring all of the shops and stuff. He stops at this one store on the corner.There is a black dress with red and white lines circling around the dress. It is gorgeous. I nudge Peeta’s shoulder and I show him the dress. He loves it too. He looks at the price and it is 50 dollars.

He takes it off the rack and takes it to the cashier. Im thinking I cant believe he actually bought it for me. We go back to the train and I put the dress in my suitcase. Peeta walks in my room and he has a weird look on his face. “ Whats wrong sweetie”, I ask him with a worried look on my face. “ I just don’t want to lose you, that’s all”, he says hugging me. Out of no where we hear a loud pitched scream.”

I grab my bow and swing my quiver over my shoulder and I run to where I heard the scream. There is a 11 year old girl on top of Rue. I run up to this girl and push her off. Peeta picks Rue up and I limo back to the train. Peeta bandages Rue’s arm and leg. I am bending over picking something off the floor and somebody spanks my ass. I jump up and I squeal like a little girl. I turn around and Peeta is just standing there smiling. “ hey, what was that for”, I ask. “ Nothing, just felt like it”, he says as he smiles. I laugh at him and my eyes start flutering.

That usually means that Peeta has done something that has made me feel special. I actually liked what he did. It makes me feel all gooey inside.  I walk into Grayson’s room and he is fixing a pair of handcuffs. He sees me and says,” your not going to kill me this time are you?” “ Yeah I promise”, I say as I sit down next to him.

“ What are you doing”, I ask. He puts the cuffs down and says,” Im fixing your cuffs because you broke one of the hatchets.” I leave and I check the time, it is midnight. I limp back to my room and peeta is already asleep. I crawl into the bed and I cuddle up next to him. Before I fall asleep, I kiss him on his forehead