Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I wake up and Grayson is beside me trying to get my attention. “ Hey we got to get going, were in district 9. I didn’t attend to stop here but Grayson and Bobby know a girl like me who likes to fight. We get off the train and Grayson and Bobby are helping me walk because of my leg. We arrive at this girl’s house and she opens the door and welcomes us in.

 I sit down on the couch and prop my leg up and I ask,” What’s your name?” “Kelly.” “ So, you are a good fighter?” She punches me in the ribs and I bend over in pain. Grayson steps in and gives Kelly a death look and says,” What in the hell is wrong with you, she is already hurt if you can’t see. They are staring each other down until I stand up, which I’m not supposed to do without help, and say,” hey we can all get along here.” I immediately fall back onto the couch and I am thankful that a couch was there. Grayson and Kelly talk it out until they seem happy with each other again.

Kelly comes over and asks, “ Hey I’m sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.” “its okay I did kind of provoke you in hitting me though.” She does agree with me and Grayson and Bobby come over and sit next to me. Bobby tells me to give him the brace so he can work on it. I give him the brace while Kelly holds my leg straight. Grayson comes over and bandages up my arm. “Thanks, it feels a whole lot better.

“We better get going, the train leaves in 10 minutes, Kelly says. The four of us walk back to the train and Kelly, Grayson, and Bobby help me get into the box car. My knee brace was off so walking really hurt. My leg was propped up and Bobby put my knee brace back on. “Thanks Bobby.” “You’re welcome Katniss.” The train started moving and we were on our way to meet my best friend Jordan who, happens to be the daughter of Paylor. I fall asleep for a while and then I wake up and Grayson is beside me.

“Hey how long have you been sitting there?” “ For about an hour, I was taking the bandage off your arm. “Why?” “ It doesn’t look infected any more, try to move it. I move it up and down and there is no pain what so ever.“ Thanks Grayson I really appreciate your help.” “Ur welcome Kat.” We arrive in District 8, which is a beautiful district. I can now walk on my own now and with ease.

We arrive at Paylor’s house and I knock on the door and Jordan answers the door,” Um, hi Katniss what are you doing here?” “I need to talk to you about your mom, may I come in?” “Yeah sure.” Kelly, Grayson, Bobby, and I sit down on her couch. So, what do you want to tell me?” I tell her about what was going on and how I am recruiting one person from every district to help. “Oh, by the way can we talk about this outside please?” “Why, I think it’s perfectly fine in here.” “No its not , trust me Katniss, she says with a harsh tone.

The two of us are arguing for about an hour. But then Grayson motions me to come outside, he shuts the front door and looks at me with a confused look, “Kat, I just saw Paylor in the back room with somebody, she was laughing at them and hitting the person.” “ Alright, I have had enough with the damn capitol!” I barge into the house, running right by Jordan who, looks confused and startled. I run into the room and see something that I would never bare to see. The President of Panem was whipping my son, Finnick. Paylor looks at me and escapes through the window. I pick my son up and lay him on Jordan’s bed.

 “Grayson!”, I yell at the top of my lungs. Grayson comes in and starts treating my son. I exit the room and I approach Jordan and give her a death look,” Why didn’t you tell me that she was here and that my son was here too?” “ That’s why I wanted to go outside but your friend beat me to it.” “ Hey do you have somebody who could bring Finnick back to district 12?” “Yeah, my older brother can do it”, she says. “ I really appreciate it.” “ We have to go, the train is leaving in 20 minutes.”

The 5 of us walk towards the train and we get in the box car. “ Hey Jordan, why don’t you like your mom?” “ You have no idea Katniss, she treated me so bad when I was younger.” “Well, when were done with this, you’re family can come live next to us in district 12”, I say. She likes the idea and everybody falls asleep at the same time. I wake up and see Jordan holding hands with Grayson and they hug for a long time. They turn around and see me and I fall back asleep wondering what is going on with my two best friends