Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I wake up and Erica is staring right at me. “ I wanted to apologize to you for the way I acted.”, she says. “It’s alright.” I un cuff her and I let her walk around. She looks at me and says,” hey, so do you trust me now?”

I look at her with an intense look and say,” Yeah I do, but I’m still keeping you under watch though.” “That’s fine”, she says. Taylor comes in and taps my shoulder. “Hey, follow me and stay close.” We step out of the box car and what lies in front of me is shocking. Buildings are on fire, dead bodies are everywhere, and there are soldiers marching the streets. Taylor and I run into a back alley that she knows.

She looks at me and says,” See why I needed your help now?” “Yeah this is horrible.” We sneak around to the back of Taylor’s house. She takes me to her family graveyard. I see Glimmer’s grave and I kneel down in front of it. I place my three fingers to my mouth and then extend out in front of me. I turn around and Taylor is crying her eyes out. I go over to her and hug her. She is gripping my father’s hunting jacket with all her force.

She lets go and I wipe the tears from her face. We go to the front of her house and she rings the doorbell. An older girl with black hair and blue eyes answers the door. “Oh, hi Taylor your back.” “Hey Emily”, Taylor says. Emily’s eyes lock onto me and she charges at me and takes me to the ground. I reverse her weight and I try to grab an arrow but she slaps me across the face. She flips me over and pins both of my arms behind my back. I am now defenseless.

She is now on top of me and takes out a knife. I see the initials EB, TB, and GB on the left side of the knife. I know see what Taylor meant earlier. The three of them were very close. Emily is about to stab me right in the stomach but she falls to the side.

I see Taylor with what looks like a stun gun. She walks over to me and puts the gun to my side and pulls the trigger. I wake up and I am tied to a metal chair. I look to my right and Emily is also tied to a chair. Taylor opens the door and says,” You two want to act like children then I’m going to treat you like children.” “Taylor, where are my bow and arrows?” I ask. “There on the train and Emily your knifes are in my jacket.

Emily and me both sigh but Taylor unties us from the chair. I get up in Emily’s face and she pushes me away. “Katniss, you have to remember where you are. You are in our district and you don’t know your way around like we do.” I know she’s right but I don’t want to admit it. Taylor looks at us and says,” Let’s go.” She leads us to the train and takes my handcuffs and cuffs me to the pole and does the same to Emily.

We just sit there making faces at each other until she finally speaks. “Hey I’m sorry for the way I acted. I can really hold a grudge.” It’s alright.” Taylor comes in and un cuffs us. Emily taps on my shoulder and says;” Don’t you have a sister?” Her saying that makes me cry and she comforts me but It doesn’t work. The only person that can get me to stop crying about Prim is Peeta. After a while I stop crying.

Everybody comes into the box car. I get up and say,” Emily, this is Grayson, Bobby, Kelly, Jordan, Janey, Austin, Rae, Phoenix, Lexi, Lauren, and Johanna. She says hi to all of them and shakes their hand. My phone starts going off so I tell everybody to hush and I answer it. “Hello?” “hey Katniss its Greasy Sea.” The tension dies down in the room and I tell everybody to leave. “hey whats up?” “ummm, Katniss Finnick is extremely sick. He’s been throwing up all day and he is not hungry.” “Um, just give him some medicine and call the district doctor. That’s all I can tell you right now. Bye.” I hang up the phone and put it back in my pocket. I lay down knowing that tomorrow we will be in the capitol.