Chapter 1

Welcome everyone!! Here's my fan fiction loosely based off the events that happened at Dunkirk during World War Two. This story is mostly fiction and dramatised and is no way a realistic representation of World War Two. This story may also be triggering to some-  violence and sexual assault may be involved- I do not own any of these characters, as they are also partly based on people from some of my favourite novels and TV shows. Some characters and scenes may be inspired by Tv shows or movies. Enjoy and thanks for reading !! xxxx

----------------

The ringing in my ears didn't stop.

Although I could see explosions around me, the noise which usually followed was absent.

With the side of my face pressed flat into the sand, I shielded my eyes and shook.

The sand which covered the beach stuck to my hair and cheek. I rubbed at my eyes in an attempt to remove the small grains which had entered but had no luck.

Despite the circumstances, I couldn't help but feel a sense of serenity on the beach. The sand which covered my hair and body had only reminded me of happier days I'd spent at the beach as a child during the warm summers. The sky was an unusual grey today, almost silvery with a hint of blue. It was comforting and reminded me of my grandmother's hair. 

It was only when the noise returned that the reality of my situation hit me.

The cries of wounded men filled my ears as I looked up to find several troops to my left covered in blood and calling for their mothers. Their screams echoed across the waves and I suddenly remembered why I had come to Dunkirk beach, what I came searching for.

Him.

I had to find him, he had to be around here somewhere. 

I refused to leave this beach without him.

I mustered up the strength to face my reality and look for him. 

My body felt heavy and sore but I managed to pick myself up off the damp beach floor.

I screamed his name but my voice came out hoarse and weak. 

I then ran up to several soldiers with dark hair, hoping to meet his green eyes in which I had grown fond of, but not only was I met with disappointment, but the dead bodies of several soldiers who I had once called a friend.

I scanned the beach in a panic where hundreds of men sat helpless and dying.

I felt hopeless and senseless.