Chapter 30

JUST WANTED TO SAY A HUGE THANKYOU TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT! PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING AND VOTING! I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH XOXOXOXOXO

HARRY'S P.O.V

The cool breeze nipped at my skin and I shivered under its touch.

I was cold, really fucking cold. I groaned softly and pulled Lianna's delicate frame towards mine. I nestled my face into her hair, inhaling her strong and sweet scent.

She smelled of blueberries.

The sun was rising and began to cast its golden rays down upon the forest floor, filtering through the trees and plants.

Yesterday's events had taken its toll on me. The bombings, the casualties, Daisy. It was a lot to take in, but seeing Lianna cry was enough to rip my guts out. The way the tears spilled and flowed down her cheeks, the way her body shook and trembled at the sight of Namur. I wanted to stop every one of those damn tears and hold her, reassure her, tell her everything was going to be okay.

I wanted nothing more than to take Lianna away from this war, from the violence and conflict, just so the two of us could be safe and together. I wanted to swim in the French streams with her and make love all day long. I wanted her, alone and all to myself.

She was like no other girl I'd ever been with, and I'd been with a lot. They all satisfied me in the same physical way but being with Lianna was a whole new experience entirely.

Being with her;

I felt content and calm yet crazed and restless.

I felt confident and assertive yet weak and vulnerable.

Despite the slight crease etched between her brows, Lianna slept peacefully. I brought my forefinger up towards the crease and smoothed it out, I then lightly padded my finger across her thick dark brows, along her cheekbones, down to the rim of her nose where caramel freckles dotted the area, then across the curve of her lips.

Those lips. They were driving me crazy. I wanted to kiss them and touch them. I wanted to feel them against my naked skin and across my body. Still sound asleep, Lianna pushed herself into me, brushing against my groin. I moaned involuntarily and suddenly felt myself begin to grow and stiffen beneath her touch.

She stirred and I quickly pulled away. Her brown eyes fluttered open and met mine.

"Hi." She whispered, her voice husky from sleep.

"Morning," I replied looking down at her.

She sat up and rubbed at her eyes which donned dark bags beneath them from lack of sleep. I sighed in relief that she took no notice of my obvious hard-on.

"Sleep well?" I asked. She ran a hand through her dark chocolate brown, almost black tresses.

Lianna scrunched up her nose and shook her head. "Not really. You?"

LIANNA'S P.O.V

Harry remained on the forest floor, he shifted uncomfortably and brought his knees up to his chest, crossing his arms over his torso. He looked so gentle and beautiful.

"Alright." He shrugged with a grin, his voice was raspier than usual.

His eyes were soft and warm and his smile wide and cheery, his dimples were showing.

I began to braid my hair with one hand when Harry got up, placed his hand over the top of mine and said, "Leave it out."

"Okay," I replied with a shy grin, letting my wavy locks fall beneath me.