Chapter 13

"Ladies." Fergus cheered, raising his drink. Esma slid into the empty spot next to him and Evie followed. Daisy rushed to sit next to Harry and I awkwardly followed. I turned to Harry whose eyes were already on mine.

"Hi." He spoke with confidence, a large grin appearing on his face.

"Hi." I replied shakily. God, why was he making me so nervous? His eyes were glistening, his smile was beaming and all I could think about was kissing those beautiful pink lips. I probably would have reached over and grabbed his face right then and there if Daisy wasn't in the middle of us.

"This is Pete and Michael." Fergus introduced the unfamiliar faces. They were both broad and tall, similar to Harry and Fergus. Pete had black hair, thin almost rubber-band lips, and a small nose. Michael's hair was blonde and his face was littered with freckles.

"Well, what do we have hereeee?" Pete asked, eyes curious and alert.

"You didn't tell us they were all so pretty." Michael nudged Harry.

"There's one for each of us." Pete meant to whisper to Michael, but the whole table heard.

"Hey Harry." Daisy grinned, running her hand down Harry's forearm.

"Daisy," He nodded his head. They began to talk and I couldn't help but feel like a third wheel in their conversation. I felt stupid, silly and agitated. I wanted to leave.

"Do you think so Lianna?" Daisy nudged me.

"Huh?" I snapped my head towards her, having of completely zoned out, unsure of what she had asked me.

"Harry thinks I resemble Virginia Grey." She grinned sheepishly, turning towards Harry.

"Oh, uh yeah." I smiled softly, obviously showing my complete lack of interest in their discussion. Turning my head away, I fiddled with the end of my dress to distract me.

My eyes looked across the table and met Esma's. Her and Evie were giggling like school girls, Fergus's arm draped over the two of them. Esma smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I'm going to the lady's room, Lianna, join me?" Daisy turned towards me, cocking a brow.

The last thing I felt like doing was being alone in a bathroom with Daisy where all she would do was fawn over Harry.

"I'm fine, thanks." I spoke politely and Daisy slipped past me.

Harry and I were alone now, with no Daisy in between us. I intended on remaining silent until she got back but Harry moved closer to me until his thigh pressed against mine lightly.

"How are you? Have you recovered from your roller coaster experience?" Harry spoke softly, turning to face me. I chuckled nervously and nodded.

"Surprisingly yes..." I grinned sheepishly, turning to face him. Our faces were close, I could smell mint on his breath, he always seemed to be chewing a piece of gum. My eyes darted to his lips and his to mine. 

I turned my head towards my lap and then back to Harry. "I'm glad to say I no longer have a fear of roller coasters," I spoke softly and quietly.

"Good." He spoke in a hushed tone. I gazed into Harry's eyes, transfixed on the green pools. The tension between us was so thick you could've cut it with a knife. 

"You look lovely tonight," he said with a grin. I loved how he always smiled when he talked.

"Thankyou." I blushed.