She's Gone

Jodie's POV:

We finally reached Cheshire and we went back to my house. I could see the excitement in Brad's eyes. his face lit up when I yelled "we're here!"

We got out of the car and I knocked on the door. I fixed the collar on Brad's shirt and gave him a thumbs up.

I knocked on the door. there was no answer. that's weird, her car is in the drive way. I knocked again with no response. Brad smiled nervously at me. I found the spare house key under the mat and went inside.

I wasn't expecting that.

I saw Barbra lying on the staircase. she seemed to be unconscious.

"Barbra!" I ran towards her pale body. I felt tears start to pour from my eyes. I turned to Brad who was already phoning an Ambulance.

"Here take this, he passed me the phone. "I know CPR." I shook frantically as I held the phone to my ear. I told the woman where we were as Bras lifted Barbra off of the stairs and began CPR. he was very good as he used all of the responding techniques and physical techniques. he was very serious.

An ambulance arrived but Barbra was still unresponsive. before I knew it, they took her away. Brad held me in his arms and we got in the car and followed the ambulance to the hospital. we sat in the waiting room for hours,

"Everything will be alright." Brad reassured me. "the doctors will do the best they can

My leg shook and I kept feeling my phone buzz in my pocket. I knew it was Harry but I was to concerned to check.

My body was in shock and I felt dizzy. I wasn't expecting this at all.

"It's getting late Jodie, maybe we should go." Brad frowned.

"No" I cried "I'm staying here until I know she is ok."

Brad rubbed small circles on my back as I held my head in my hands. The receptionist kept bringing me tissues to wipe my tears and Brad went the the hospital restaurant to get us a snack.

After hours of waiting, and watching patients come in and out of the ER, Barbra's doctor came out to us. Brad and I stood in our places.

"I'm very sorry Miss Foster but, your grandmother didn't make it." The doctor frowned. And then my world collapsed. she was all I had left. I have no family. no legal guardian. "Barbra had a stroke and was unable to respond to anything. I'm very sorry for your loss." we were told that we could see her but u didn't want to at my grandmother's lifeless body in a hospital bed.

Brad and I went to a hotel because I couldn't go back home, not after this. we stopped by to pick up some things including Barbra's will. I remembered that there was a frequent customer at the bakery named Jessica who was a lawyer and could help us go through her will. I gave her a call as we are still good friends and she said that she would definitely help. she came over and we sat on the bed.

"I'm so sorry Jodie." she smiled sympathetically as she placed her brief case on the bed. she was only a few years older then me and quite young to be a lawyer.

"I just want to get this over with." I said holding back tears.

She knew I wouldn't understand the whole thing so she summed it up for me.

"Ok so, to start off, Barbra Judith Fisher wants you to inherent the house. this means that you are able to sell the house if you like but the mortgage is fully paid so you won't need to worry about paying that if you intend to keep it. however, their will be water or gas bills that need to be paid but she also stated here that there is a 'large stash of cash' in an orange suitcase under the stairs which should cover those for about 2 years"

"Wow 2 years! she was very prepared." a year fell down my cheek. Brad brought Jessica and I each a glass if water and sat on the bed beside me.

"Barbra has really gotten straight to the point here and had given you the house and everything in it but there is one other thing she wants you to inherit" she smiled.

"What is it?" I ask. she points to a text at the bottom of the page.

"My granddaughter, Jodie Elizabeth Foster, is to finally inherent my eternal happiness that I have had with my late husband and her grandfather, Jeremiah Declan Fisher. I hope that she may find the same joy in life as I have through my husband and herself. she is to have a smile on her face always and not to let my death be a burden to her. I am in a better place now."

I tear up at the thought of Barbra not being with me again. but she had a long and happy life. I will follow her wishes and not let her death burden me but I will always keep her in my heart.

Jessica left and I thanked her for her help. I had Brad supporting me but their was a piece missing. Harry.

I checked my messages. and I had 7 texts and 3 voicemails.

The texts said:

"Hey Babe have you landed yet?"

"Jodie?"

"I'm getting worried."

"Please answer my calls."

"Are you ignoring me"

"Is everything alright?"

"I'm coming."

I didn't want to tell Harry what had happened over the phone is by text so I moved on and checked my voicemails.

"Hey Jodie, it's uh me... uh Harry. I uh just wanted to know that you are safe and let me know when you land or if you have landed so yeah uh I'll talk to you soon... I love you bye." His voice was relaxed

"Hey Jodie it's Harry again. please call me when you get this I'm getting worried. are you there yet? Are you just ignoring me? please give me a call I'm getting scared. love you." his voice trembled

"Ok Jodie I'm coming to Cheshire now I'm really worried about you please give me a call hopefully I'll see you soon. I love you." He was hurrying and sounded nervous.

I felt like I had caused Harry pain and I was nervous at what was to come. I dialled his number hoping he would answer.

It rung twice.

"Jodie thank God!" Harry sighed with relief.

"Hey Harry I uh." how do I explain this to him. "Brad and I are at the Shafton Hotel I'll explain it all when you get here."

"Ok babe see you soon. I hope everything is alright." I heard him smile as I hung up. but everything wasn't alright. I was sad that my favourite person in the world was gone. I wonder what her last thought was. I let my mind think about Barbra for a while

After anxiously waiting for Harry to arrive he rang telling me that he was in the lobby. I went down to get him but I was a mess. I didn't care. my grandmother had just died for gods sake.

I saw Harry and he smiled but soon frowned when he saw my red face. I had been crying, there was no denying it. I led Harry to the room and sat him on the bed.

"I do to know how to say this but..." my voice trembled "B-Barbra's d-dead"

A/N: PLEASE DONT BE MAD AT ME FOR KILLING BARBRA! I WAS A LITTLE CONFUSED MYSELF SO I IMPROVISED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD DO NEXT? LET ME KNOW ILY THANKS FOR READING!!! ;)

Xx Emily