Chapter 3 : Speech and Call

CHAPTER 3 : SPEECH AND CALL

>> LEN'S POV

It was speech day, the principal told me that I should come earlier than usual, and I arrived at Rikonawa near 5:45 am, so class doesen't start before 6:30. I went inside the principal's office as we discussed the speech that ai was going to announce, and good thing I memorized the whole thing or else it would be a total disaster for not just me, but also the whole freshmen time. As I heard that the freshmen arrived, I got my speech papers and read it one more time to get ahead of the part.

The principal stood infront of the whole freshmen students in a stage as I held a mike, " Welcome Freshmen students! "

The freshmen just stared at the principal, as the principal has gotten uneasyー WHAT KIND OF PRINCIPAL IS THAT?! The secretary; The one that was sometimes with the principal, ran up to the stage and took over for him, the principal sulked back to the backstage as he was looking down more depressed as usual. Well, him being like that is what happens when he doesen't memorize his own speech.

The secretary looked scary as she greeted them, " Welcome Freshmen students, today we are goong to start your new life in Rikonawa, and I hope you'll learn to behave, and those especially going to class F, if you don't, we have to punish you in a way you won't like at all. " and that made the students scared from the fact that she's saying scary things, with her scary look, and that gave me chills on my spine.

" Psst. Len, you're the one going to say the speech? " Claude patted me in the shoulder as I turned to him.

" Yeah. " I nodded back, " And how did you get in here, I thought you were at the front? "

" About that. " He started, " Its just... " the secretary went to us and ordered me to take the turn.

" Let's talk about this later Claude. " I winked at him as I went up to the stage, I don't really get stage frights.

I stood up firm as I stood behind the table, I heard some girls say " He's cute. " or " I think he's from class A. " they murmured quietly, but I can still hear them. I started my speech feeling proud and not afraid, good thing as I finished my speech, everyone wasn't sleeping, yet they looked like they were going to pass out. I went backstage to confront Claude about what he was going to say, but he said in a good time.

Rebel-san and the pthers went to me and smiled, " Congrats Len! " Arima and Fuko said happily.

Onewa shook hands with me and so did Hamato, " Great job. "

While Rebel-san, on the other hand, slapped my hand away and faced away in a irritated matter, " Hmph! "

Claude jumped in, " Len don't be worried, she's just being shy! "

I facepalmed as Rebel-san started a fight with Claude and never stopped, " L-Len-kun...? "

I faced to Sia who called to me, " Yeah? "

She reached out her hand for a hand shake as I was going to do it, Claude suddenly bumped to me and I fell over, pinning Sia down, we both blushed as I looked back at Claude, " CLAUDE! "

Claude sweatdropped as Rebel-san and Claude stopped, " S-Sorry, it was an accident... "

Hamato put his hand under his chin like he was scanning both of us, " But the two of you are in that position.. "

I looked back at Sia who already passed out and was red all over, I jumped away, " S-Sorry! "

" A pervert will always be a pervert. " Rebel-san crossed her arms in anger as she looked away in a more angry tone, " You should watch your dirty actions, especially to a girl! "

" I said I was sorry, and you don't have to be that mad. " I said back to her as she didn't know what else to say.

After all that events, we headed back to our classrooms to resume classes. And also, the time was kinda fast and it was already dismissal, it means we have to go. I decided to go home early since my mother was staying home, and the others have already went home while I was packing my stuff. I heard a knock from the classroom door and I saw Sia looking at the crack.

" Sia...? " I stopped and faced to her, and I walked to her, " You're still here? "

" Yes. " She opened the door and looked away, " I was just getting something. "

" Sure... and I'm sorry for what happened earlier. " I said softly as she looked back at me.

" Its f-fine.. it was just an accident anyway. " Her face went a little red as she ran to get her bag.

" Uh... Sia? " I said awkwardly as she stopped.

" W-W-What is it?? " I noticed her face getting redder and redder by the moment as she tried to not look at me.

" You're holding my bag. " I said plainly as I tried to hold in my laughter.

" Eh?! " She looked at my bag, which she was holding, and put it down immediatly, " Sorry! I'll go get my bag! "

" Thats a school pillow. " I said again, trying not to show my laughter.

" EHHH?! " She looked at it and dropped it again, " Where is it?? " she said as she looked around.

" Its right here. " I had her bag at my hand, " You weren't looking at me so you didn't see it. "

She blushed completely as she rushed to get her back like wind, no, like light. I didn't see her get the back from my hand, she just moved quick as my eyes didn't see that, for once I admit that was amazing yet mysterious. She was looking uneasy as she walked away from the classroom like a penguin, it was kinda cute though. I laughed as I saw her bump into trees outside the academy, what a silly girl she is, I like that.

I also got a few texts from Claude, it was kinda not important, but he was persuasive, so I answered.

CLAUDE : Hey Len!

LEN : What is it you want?

CLAUDE : ~.~ I was just saying hi.. what's wrong with that??

LEN : Nothing, its just that its not that important.

CLAUDE : PFFT. Anyway, I did this to tell you something.

LEN : What?

CLAUDE : There is a ghost in Rikonawa, and it might have been lurking around a students home!

LEN : What kind of a stupid joke is that?

CLAUDE : Oh its not a joke... some say, it was on a house of a Top 7 member!

LEN : Hah, maybe its you.

CLAUDE : Nope! Anyway, talk to you later, bye!

LEN : YEA. Bye.

I sighed as I grabbed my back and hailed a cab to go home, as I got home, I was greeted by my mother, and we both dined to eat her famous spaghetti. I went up to my room as I spotted the window was open, and that window never opened in months, I guess mother fixed it? I would never know.

I sighed as I looked away in a uneasy expression, " Please don't be a ghost. "

>> CHAPTER 3 XX END XX <<