Let's Practice

The last two periods seemed to drag out and with each second that passed I became even more lost in thoughts of Joey. I couldn't believe that any of this was real and half expected to wake up on my bedroom floor a any second. I could hear peoples whispers and snickers from around me but I didn't care because I nnow knew that what I had thought before was right... they were all jealous. It started to get worse though as the end of the day drew near... it even got to the point where they started throwing things at me and laughing openly. Finally, the last bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom. Joey stood there, waiting for me with a huge smile on his face and god was I glad to see him.

"Hey" I grinned.

"Hey" he replied. We started down the hall and he linked his hand with mine, weaving our fingers together.

"So... do you want a ride to work?" he asked.

"Nah, sorry I think I'm going to ride with my new boyfriend" I joked.

"Oh, I understand" he laughed in return, "we will have to wait for Alec this time though."

"Fine... if we have to" I rolled my eyes over-dramatically.

We went outside and started towards the van. It was looking as creepy as ever but I didn't mind. Joey and I leaned against it waiting for Alec as the parking lot slowly clearedd out.

"So... you excited for first practice?" Joey asked.

"Are you kidding?! I'm worried I might be sick!" I replied.

"Don't worry you'll be fine cause I'll be there for you every step of the way."

"Really?"

"Yeah of course what kind of boyfriend would I be if I wasn't, you can think of me as your good luck charm."

I smiled as Joey started to lean in ever so slightly. I put my arms around his neck and...

"Hey guys, ready to go?" Alec asked from behind Joey, causing the two of us to jump apart.

"We, ur, yeah" I mumbled before sliding into the van. Just as Alec was about to get in Joey stopped him and whispered something to him. Alec made a face but then got it anyways...weird.

***

"My god I can't believe our shifts are over already, that flew by again!" I exclaimed.

"I know right? You do know what this means though, right?" Joey asked.

"That we're going to have to go to band practice now" I repied, stomach churning.

"Yepp... you ready?"

"No, not really but I don't think I ever will be so what the hey right?"

We finished closing up the store and then headed out to the van where Alec was waiting for us. As it turned out, the guys took turns having practice at their house and it happened to be at Joey and Alec's tonight. James, Cam, Chris and Sharri were all supposed to meet us there. When we got tot the house we had to unload al of the bands stuff into the basement. Thankfully everyone was already there and with their help it didn't take long.

"Hey Chris, can you help me carry this amp in?" James called.

Chris nodded and headed towards him.

"James has really taken a liking to Chris" Alec observed. I jumped slightly the sound of his voice... but maybe it wasn't noticable...

"Feeling jumpy are we?" he asked. Damnit.

"What do you mean he's taken a liking?" I said, ignoring his question.

"Well... hanging with us, James has built up this reputation of being such a player with all the girls but the thing is... he doesn't actually even play for that team if you know what I mean. I think he and Chris would be cute together though."

I stood there for a minute processing the information... Chris was going to flip when he heard this!

"Now, go warm up your voice... you'll want to sound good for your boyfriend." He said the last word almost visiously but I tried to ignore it as I started humming to myself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys sorry it's been a while but my home computer is busted so I had to use a friends, plus exams are coming up so please, just bear with me. Also, please remember to comment and vote and srry for all the spelling mistakes (I'm so not use to this keyboard and I keep hitting the wrong keys) Anyways, until next time wattpadders! :)