I like...________ ?

"Where have you been?!" my mom yelled as I came running through the door.

"The bus was delayed" I lied.

"It was delayed half an hour?"

"Yeah, the bus that was supposed to come got tail ended and I had to wait for them to clear up the crash area and call in a new bus" I tried looking her straight in the eye.

"Oh really? So if I turn on the news right now I'll hear a story about a bus crash?" She raised her brow. Crap... I hadn't thought of that.

"Okay fine, so maybe there wasn't a crash. I just got held up... " I admitted.

"Oh.... you got held up with the boys eh? Honey I think maybe it's time we have a talk..."

"Mom! God no! Really, we were just playing guitar and I couldn't get the stupid chord right! We don't need to talk... about anything.... ever..." I said, wide eyed.

"Okay, okay! I just want to make sure you're alright. Boys can be... tricky."

"Well thanks a bunch mom but I'm good... anyways I think guys are idiots remember? I'm still an avid believer in the whole boy have cooties thing" I rolled my eyes.

My mom smiled and I looked away quickly.

"I think you like one of them" she giggled.

"No way! Not. Possible." I protested.

"You're blushing! I'm right, you do like one of them! Come on spill, which one?" she asked eagerly.

I stared at her for a minute. Did I like one of them? Of course not... I mean, they're guys! Still... something in my stomach twisted slightly when I thought about the afternoon I'd spent with Alec and Joey and how good it had felt to hear that neither of them cared about The Challenge. I thought about Joeys easy smile and kind eyes and Alec's contagious smirk and gleeful eyes. They were both beautiful, kind, funny.... oh god...

"Mom..." I whispered, "I don't know which one of them I like."

"Okay fine, if you don't want to tell me I can't make you but I'm here if you ever want to talk about it."

"No mom... you don't understand. I don't know which one of them I like...as in I can't pick between them" I breathed. How could this have happened? I mean... I still believed whole heartedly that most guys were dipwads but... well like I said, I only believed MOST guys were dipwads now... I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"Oh... I see...well that could turn out to be a problem..." my mom said slowly.

"Mom... I need to go talk to Sharri and Chris.... I'm so lost" I sighed as I started up the stairs.

"Okay?" she called after me.

***

"Do you see my problem?" I asked, staring into my computer screen at the glowing images of Chris and Sharri.

"Girl it's so simple don't you see? You will probably always kind of like both of them but what you need to do is figure out which one of them you like more" Chris rolled his eyes.

"Well how the heck do I do that?" I asked.

"Easy" Sharri cut in, "we draw from a hat."

Sharri grabbed a piece of paper, ripped it in two, scribbled Alec and Joeys names on them and then tossed them into a Fedora. Then she mixed it up and stuck her hand inside before drawing one of the papers out.

"And the winner is... Alec" Sharri smiled.

I felt my stomach drop a bit. Had I been wishing it was Joeys name that was picked?

"So?" Sharri asked.

"So what?" I replied.

"Well, were you happy with the results or was there something inside you that was just a little disappointed when I drew his name?" Sharri questioned.

"I... I was disappointed... my god, I like Joey" I breathed.

***

COMMENT AND VOTE... if you want u can even try and do them both at the same time :D anywas (see what I mean I say that after almost every chapter!) until next time readers :)