Can I Come Too?

The last two periods went excrutiatingly slow, but at long last, the school day ended. I walked outside and waited for Chris and Sharri. It was tradition for us to go to a little diner down the street every friday after school. We always ordered milkshakes and fries. I realize that this isn't exactly the healthiest tradition, but what the hey? Finally, Sharri came running out, a huge grin on her face.

"Chris told me all about The Challenge. It's going to be funny watching those guys trip over themselves trying to impress you. What would impress me would be if one of them actually did, but we both know that's not going to happen" she giggled.

I smiled at her as Chris walked up.

"Hey guys. Persy we should probably get going because I overheard a couple guys talking about-" Chris started.

"Hey Persy, wait up!" a voice called from the school doors.

"Trying to meet up with you after school" Chris finished.

I looked over to see Zander walking towards us. Well actually, his name is Aleczander (and yes that is a strange way to spell it). Most people called him Zander but you could always tell if he liked a girl cause he always asks them to call him Alec instead. I don't get why he does but then again, I rarely understand why any guy does the things he does.

"Hey Persy" he smiled, "is it cool if me and a couple of the other guys join you and your friends?"

"No" Sharri smiled back.

"I wasn't talking to you Shelly" Zander snapped.

"Sharri! It's Sharri!"

I stood and watched them glower at one another for a second as Cam and James walked up.

"Hey did you ask yet?" James asked as excitedly as a puppy.

"I don't think it's such a good idea-" I began.

"Sure! You can come if you want!" Chris said, staring a Cam.

I sighed. Chris had had a crush on Cam since the beginning of this semester. He thought Cam was... supermegafoxyawesomehotalishes (his words, not mine).

"No way!" Sharri yelled.

"Sharri, let's just let them come" I said, looking at the guys. All three smiled widely. I just shook my head and started towards the diner.

"Okay, but don't expect me to pay for them" she mummbled.

***

Haileys diner was just down the street so it was a short walk. Cam, Zander and James spent the whole time fighting over which one of them got to walk beside me though.

"Hey Persy" Jared said as we walked into the diner. He was a college student looking to earn a few extra bucks between classes so he worked at Haileys three times a week. Chris, Sharri and I had been there so many times all the servers knew both us and our orders.

"So, I know it's gonna be the usual for you guys but what can I get for your new friends?" Jared asked after we sat down.

"Uh... I dunno... what's on the menu?" Zander asked.

I rolled my eyes, "ameteurs."

Jared laughed, "why don't I get your orders and then your friends can tell me what they want when I get back."

Then, he gave his signature wink and walked away.

"What was that all about?" James demanded, almost sounding offended.

"That was just Jared being Jared" I replied.

James nodded and smiled slightly although he still didn't look very convinced. I decided almost convinced was good enough. Instead, I turned and grabbed a menu.

"Here Zander, this is the menu."

"Please, call me Alec... it sounds much nicer don't you think?" he asked.

I almost burst out laughing, "no that's alright, Zander suits you just fine."

"I insist! I won't answer unless you call me Alec" he said firmly.

Hmm, I finally know how to shut him up... I thought. I pushed the thought aside and forced a smile though.

"Fine...Alec."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greetings to those currently reading :) Spot a mistake? Yell at me! No jk just comment :P Also if you liked .... PLEASE   VOTE!!! Anyways.... until next time everyone :)