I love you, I love you not

I looked around the theatre at my classmates. Most of the girls were crying and most of the guys were asleep. My teacher looked like she was about ready to fall apart.

"Rose, promise me you'll never let go" said Leonardo DiCapprio from the movie screen.

I scoffed loudly and rolled my eyes, causing several of the girls in front of me to give me a death glare. The guy beside me, Josh, just snickered. I slid lower in my seat as Titanic continued to play out on the screen. In history, we had been talking about the tragic shipwreck and my teacher had decided that we go see it in 3D then talk about how historically correct the movie had been. I had dreaded the field trip ever since the teacher had first brought it up. Sufficed to say, I wasn't much of a romantic. I didn't believe in knights in shining armour, hopeless romantics who sing to you on your balcony, or even star crossed lovers. I thought that most guys were idiots, jerks or both. The only guy I liked was my best friend Chris. Of course, he's gay...

Anyways, most of the girls at my school think there's something wrong with me because I'm the only girl in the tenth grade who doesn't fall all over every guy that crosses her path. I had much better things to do with my time then worry about which guy had nicer hair or whatever.

"Enjoying the movie Persy?" Chris chuckled. 

"Oh yeah for sure! I just wish that I could find a guy as great as Jack" I fake swooned.

"Well, he is pretty cute..."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at him. A large sob suddenly escaped my teachers mouth.

"Hey do you think Mrs.Tuldo will be alright?" Chris asked, eyes round. He could be such a drama queen.

"Of course she will, although her make-up may look more than a little scary by the time we're out of this movie if she keeps that up" I replied.

Chris burst out laughing but quickly covered his mouth with his hand. We tried to stay quiet for the rest of the movie (with little success) and finally, the end credits started rolling up the screen. I was the first to jump up and rush out of the theatre. It felt good to, at long last, be rid of that god awful movie. Chris came out of the theatre followed by several of my other classmates. Last to come out was Mrs.Tuldo who, as I had said, looked like she had just been through a car wash.

"Okay" she choked out, "everyone take a quick bathroom break then meet back here to board the bus."

I  suppressed a giggle as I headed towards the girls room. I was about to go in when I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"Hey Persephone!" and yes I know, what were my parents thinking naming me after the daughter of Demeter? Well , don't ask me cause I don't understand them any more than you do. I turned slowly to see Alyssa Crenshaw standing there, sneering at me.

"What?" I sighed.

"I just wanted you to get your fugly ars out of my way" she smiled sweetly.

"Ha! Are you going to make me?" I asked, standing up straighter. I may have been the weirdo chick who had a gay best friend and wasn't interested in dating but there was no way I was going to take any crap from her.

Her sneer wavered but she didn't stop there, "honestly, no wonder none of the guys will go anywhere near you. You are such a jealous little freak, always trying to pick a fight as if you think that will make you look better than me. Word of advice, you wouldn't look good in black and blue."

Despite her comment I still smiled, "I didn't think so. You'd never be able to take me and you know it. You know, I can wait until we get back to school. I'm just going to head to the bus."

I turned on my heel and walked slowly passed her. A couple of the other girls were staring at me as if I were crazy but I didn't mind. In all honesty I probably am. 

***

When we got back to the school I rushed to the office to help with the end of day announcements. The girl who helped me with them, Sharri, was already there. She was totally awesome because she had bright pink hair and lime green braises. She also agreed with me on the whole guys=stupidity thing. As it turned out, I'd gotten there just in time.

"Hello, hello, hello! Please excuse this interruption as we come to you live with your super awesome end-of-day news!" Sharri exclaimed. She handed me a sheet of paper from the desk that appeared to have several announcements on it... this was going to take forever! After she finished her announcement she nodded to me and I took that as my cue to go.

"And in other news.... I'm not interested in any of the guys at this school! None have them have ever... come close to impressing me...." I choked out the last part as my face reddened.

"Omigod!" Sharri exclaimed. As it turned out, she hadn't handed me the announcement sheet but instead she had handed me the note we'd been passing in Geography earlier that day. I looked around to see if anyone had noticed my mess up. Through the large office window I could see groups of people standing out in the hall staring at me, shocked. Crap, I thought, they noticed.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey everyone so what do you think of m new book so far? i hope you like it! If you do please comment and vote! Also, I just wanted to assure you that just cause I started this book that doesn't mean I will stop uploading Oh Get Real and Going Down Under :) Until next time crazy cats! lol no I'm not really sure why I said that either but oh well... :P Catch ya later! :) (oh and thanks for reading!)